The CONNECT Academy program is one way MNS partners with the community in an effort to provide experiential learning opportunities for middle and high school students related to their academic and career plans. Here is some exciting data to highlight:
- Level 6: 90 students are participating in an internship and/or youth apprenticeship.
- Level 5: 11 students are obtaining work-based training and 75 students earned an industry certification.
- Level 4: 47 students participated in a week-long deep dive into a career field during our Summer Learning Academy.
- Level 3: 108 students participated in an industry tour.
- Level 2: 97 students attended an employer information panel.
- Level 1: 100% of high school students will attend a career fair on 4/22.
Some of these experiences include: classroom career panels, industry tours, Schools to Skills Manufacturing tours, M.A.D.E. Career Fair, Union Trade events, SEM on Site with MSOE, Actuary Science Day, Kids Build Wisconsin, Mini-Business World, Health Careers Job Expo, and other career fairs. If you have a personal connection with an employer who would be interested in partnering with MNS, please contact Jim Michlig, College, Career, and Experiential Learning Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 262-422-3069.
Our 2019 District Fast Facts are available on our website along with other district performance information.