Praise God for Mike, our missionary to the Middle East, and his recent outreach to Lebanon and Northern Iraq.
Praise God for:
- opportunities to minister to people who lost their homes in the recent explosion in Beirut, Lebanon. Mike's team was able to help with apartment repairs and distribute food and medicine.
- meetings in Northern Iraq with various government officials to discuss religious freedom and plans for a new private school to serve children of all faiths. The school will teach the basics of math, reading, and English, plus respect for those of other opinions and religious backgrounds. Most schools in the region teach only the majority religion, which causes problems for many of the children.
- Mike was able to distribute school supplies for 60 Yazidi children, which will enable them to attend school.
- Covid has hit several team members in Lebanon. Please pray for all to experience complete healing, especially Joseph, who has been especially ill.
- God's favor on a shipment of 1,000 wheelchairs Mike and his team hope to take into Lebanon next month.
- God's continued favor with the Northern Iraqi government and continued freedom to minister to the refugees.
- Covid has made the Northern Iraqi refugees' plight even worse. Please pray for plans to assist with business start-ups and training next year.
Sanctuary of Hope - Kenya
- The Kenyan government allowed all the children to return to school last month.
- for continued protection for Kenya, the Sanctuary of Hope children and staff, and Mathare Worship Centre, our sister church in the Mathare Valley slum.
- for all the teens as they resume school and readjust to life back in Nairobi.
- for Janet & Geoffrey, who still expect to begin university in January, 2021.
On November 14, 2020, over a billion people will celebrate the Hindu festival of Diwali. Pray that God will lead them to the true Light of the World, Jesus!
"Then Paul stood up in the meeting of the Areopagus and said, 'Men of Athens, I see that in every way you are very religious. For as I walked around and examined your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: TO AN UNKNOWN GOD. Therefore what you worship as something unknown, I now proclaim to you." Acts 17:22- 23
If you'd like to be a part of what God is doing in Missions through Calvary Worship Center, please email us at email@example.com or call 719-632-3311!