La Selva (The Rainforest)
Step One: La Selva Introduction
As a group warm-up by introducing the student(s) to the Amazon via “25 Fun Facts about the Amazon” video (Make sure to have the student(s) repeat the Spanish term La Selva for The Rainforest when introducing the rainforest).
La Selva: Rainforest
El Perezoso: The Sloth
25 Amazon Facts Video!
Step Three: La Selva Sloth Craftivity
- Print the sloth templates and use scissors to cut out (bottom of page). Trace the templates onto construction paper and cut out.
- Glue the claws onto the hands and feet. Allow to dry.
- Glue on the face, then the nose and eyes. Allow to dry.
- Add colour around the face to blend the edges. Then using a black marker or pastel add facial features to your sloth. (Eyes, nose, mouth).
- Carefully insert paper fasteners into the arms of the sloth. (hole-puncher may be useful for this step) Then add each arm to either side of the body.
- Secure the arms to the body by splitting the paper fastener at the back.
- Using green construction paper, draw and cut out an assortment of leaves (4 minimum) to hang on the green yarn at the sides of the sloth.
- Create a hole at the base of the leaves using a paper fastener. (2 leaves per paper fastener).
- Finally cut a long piece of green yarn (12-18 inches) for your sloth and leaves to hang on.
- Your sloth is now ready to hang around!