Mission & Goals
State SMCo stands to help monetize attention for its clients on appropriate digital, social platforms so that they may achieve their respective goals or increase traffic to their events in the real world.
The goal of State Student Marketing is to be a one stop shop, taking care of all event marketing, strategizing and promotional needs for 300+ various types of Student Organization on campus.
State SMCo. acts as a nimble, start up like team equipped and qualified to help its clients run meaningful and engaging, story telling, community driven, social media campaigns that are supported by other collaterals such as Social Media Graphics, Copy for posts, Videos, Flyers and Posters.
- Department of Student Affairs – They provide funding and support
- Student Organizations – They are our clients
- Other Colleges and Departments – They help us recruit and hire talented team members
- Social Story Videos
- Social Media Graphics
- Snapchat Geo-Filters
- Picture Slide Show Videos
- Logos & Stickers
- T-shirt Designs
- Flyers and Poster
- Financial Resources: State SMCo is a fully funded independent department under the Division of Student Affairs. Some key financial resources include availability of a FULL Graduate Assistantship and stipend to an MBA student for managing the department, up to almost 20 hours a week of work for paid undergraduate student team members and financial resources available to upgrade our digital infrastructure and equipment required to provide our services.
- Human Resources: At State SMCo aspires to hire the best team of graphic designers, writers, videographers, editors and photographers. These students mostly come from their respective majors and every now and then you come across a self taught content creator as well.
- Infrastructural and Support resources: State SMCo has state of the art infrastructure and technology. Apple MacBook Pros are provided to all student team members and three desktop iMacs are available as well. The Apple devices come loaded with the full Adobe Creative Suite. The department has DJI, MEVO and Ricoh Cameras for 4K HD and 360 pictures and video production as well.
Here’s the average turn around times for the following services:
- Social Story Videos: 1.5 Weeks
- Picture Slide Show Videos: 1 Week
- Logos & Stickers: 1 Week
- T-shirts: 1 Week
- Snapchat Geo-Filters: 2 Days*
- Social Media Graphics: 3 Days
- Flyers and Posters: 3 Days**
* We charge for Snapchat Filter Designs: $20 Per Filter
** Poster Printing: $10 Full Colored Poster, 2' X 3'
THE SMCO. BRAND IS DESIGNED TO BE USER-FRIENDLY. THE USE OF BRIGHT COLORS AND OPEN TYPEFACES AND LAYOUTS ALLOW FOR THE ENERGY THAT PERVADES OUR OFFICE TO REACH OUR FRIENDS AND CLIENTS
- The SMCo. Logo is bright, open, and energetic, representing our staff and office environment. The use of the logo visual system must reflect that open and energized mentality. It is integral to the continuity of the SMCo. brand that our visual system stays intact. While it is encouraged to break the system where it is appropriate, the system should remain intact and still be recognizable as SMCo.
- Keeping our brand consistent requires standard colors, images, and methods. You will find our most integral brand standards on the next page. These are our voice and help us to tell our story.
- The official SMCo. Orange should be the most prominent color in any layout in the holistic sense, the use of secondary colors is encouraged to break up the visual system when appropriate.
- SMCo. utilizes the Lubalin Graph and Avenir Font families. Lubalin Graph should be used in headers, titles, and any prominent type space. Avenir should be used for all body text and information content.
- Social Media content should be written in Avenir with Lubalin titles. Social Media Icons should be used only in our social media campaigns and calls to action.