The Scarsdale Public Schools have been busy updating existing school buildings and working on a Facilities Master Plan. This is a summary of the work that has been conducted already and what remains to be done to fulfill the plans approved by voters in the December 2014 bond referendum. Look for our updates on the Facilities Master Plan and Greenacres planning in two separate follow-ups.
SUMMER CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS
The School District completed a number of plant improvement and capital projects over the summer of 2016, including:
- An upgrade of the Edgewood fire alarm system - $192,109 (at $79,591 less than anticipated)
- Improvements at the District bus compound at $405,770 (a savings of $59,230 compared to the anticipated costs)
- Still to be completed is a $30,000 roof replacement at Fox Meadow School, a $400,000 renovation of the music room at Scarsdale Middle School, and roof replacement work at Scarsdale High School. Roof replacements at Fox Meadow and the High School are expected to be completed by the summer of 2017. The music room renovation is awaiting bids.
- Repairs to the stairway at the south entrance of Edgewood School, at a cost of $70,000.
- Installation of bleachers at the Middle School gym.
- District-wide roof repairs at a cost of $325,000.
- District-wide paving projects at a number of schools at a total cost of $867,000.