Anne frank's house
This was Anne Franks house it was located in Amsterdam, Netherlands. There was a secret room that was behind the bookshelf that they hid from the Nazis. It was called the secret annex. Anne and her family were in hiding there for a couple months until they got caught by the nazis.
Pancakes Amsterdam was founded in 2007. Pancakes Amsterdam is ideal for enjoying pancakes with a little twist: a unique, fun and unconventional pancake experience. They didn't want to be just an original pancake house on the street. They wanted to combine and emphasize the values of fresh, Dutch, and delicious pancakes.
1. Marriage between Jews and subjects of the state of German or related blood are forbidden. Marriages nevertheless concluded are invalid, even if concluded abroad to circumvent the law. Annulment proceedings can be initiated only by the State Prosecutor.
2. Extramarital intercourse between Jews and subjects of the state of German or related blood is forbidden.
3. Jews may not employ in their household female subjects of the state of German o related blood who are under 45 years old.
4. Jews are forbidden to fly the Reich or National flag or to display the Reich colors. They are, on the other hand, permitted to display the Jewish colors. The exercise of this right is protected by the State.
5. Any person who violates the prohibition under I will be punished by a prison sentence with hard labor. A male who violates the prohibition under I will be punished with a prison sentence with or without hard labor. Any person violating the provisions under III or IV will be punished with a prison sentence of up to one year and a fine, or with one or the other of these penalties. The Reich Minister of the Interior, in coordination with the Deputy of the Führer and the Reich Minister of Justice, will issue the Legal and Administrative regulations required to implement and complete the Law. The Law takes effect on the day following promulgations except for III, which goes into force on January 1, 1936. Nuremberg, September 15, 1935 at the Reich Party Congress of Freedom.
The Nuremberg laws were a way for the Nazis to isolate all the Jewish. There were many rules for the Jewish, they couldn't have a relationship with any one. Jews weren't even considered part of this country. They were forbidden to fly their national flag. If they didn't follow these rules they would go into hard manual labor. To me I think that these rules were crazy and shouldn't have existed.
Propaganda was used a lot in World War II. It was mostly used against the Jews. They're many types of propaganda, and different ways to use it. There are about 8 types of propaganda used. Demonization, emonital appeals, name calling, patriotic appeals, half-truths and lie, Humor or caricatures, visual symbols, and catchy slogans. Propaganda is used to promote their beliefs, so that other people will trust them, and start to follow them.
Anne Frank is a 13 year old girl who had to go into hiding becuase she was Jewish. She was the daughter of Edith and Otto Frank. She got a diary for her 13 birthday while she was in hiding. She documented her life while she was in hiding. Anne is a very playful and immature little girl who loves to have fun.
Otto is the father of Anne and Margot and the husband of Edith. He was a leader and a very protective man. He wanted to make sure that the people who were hiding with him are very safe and he would protect them as best as he could. Otto was the only one who made it out of the construction camp. Otto died August 1980.
Peter van Pels
Peter was the only child of Herman and Auguste van Pels. Peter is a very strong-willed boy and doesn't like to be "branded". I say this becuase when they were taking off the stars on their clothes he easily could take them off while Anne couldn't. Peter likes for things to go his way. He thinks that he is very mature and that Anne isn't at all. Peter died May 10, 1945 in Mauthausen.
Fritz divorced Vera Bythiner and soon met Charoltte and wanted to marry her insintly. The Numberg Laws said otherwise and that they were forbinned to marry. Fritz also went into hiding in the secret annex on November 16, 1942. Fritz Pfeffer dies in Neuengamme on December 20, 1944.
Act 1 summary
Anne Frank and her family started to realize that they aren't safe anymore becuase of their religion and that they need to go into hiding. They also took the Van Daan family to help them as well. Since they were in hiding they had to be quiet all day until 6 o clock becuase people were at work and if they had heard they might have become suspicious and find the families in hiding. The Secret Annex was very small and the Van Daans were big complainers and weren't pleasant with the fact that they had to be in the same house with Anne for a long time. They thought that she was a brat and was to immature. Miep was going to help the families to get food and whatever they all needed to help the family out. She got things such as newspapers, cigarettes, and food. She was a big part in the Franks and Van Daans storty. Peter got annoyed with Anne like the rest of his family he was upset that he was going to be living with this annoying girl that was 3 years younger than him and was really immature. The families have almost been in hiding for one year and its Hannukah time but its not like the holidays they usually have but Anne tries to make the most of it and gives everyone presents. The end of this act you see that Anne really matures.