Join us on Thursday, April 9 at 1:30 PM ET to hear from student employees about their work in the Penn State Libraries. To attend this webinar, log into Zoom.
Watch the recorded Showcase, via a Penn State Kaltura channel.
Our Student Presenters
- Lily Murray, Bednar Student Engagement & Outreach Intern at University Park
- Alex Boyda, Development & Alumni Relations Bednar Intern
- Huaibin Zhang, Graduate Assistant for Digital Badges
- Marianne Black, Pennsylvania Center for the Book GIS Bednar Intern
- Maggie Welch, Stelts & Filippelli Intern in Rare Books & Manuscripts & Historical Collections and Labor Archives
- Thomas Whalon, Maps Library Student Assistant
- David Chen, Bednar Statistical Assistant Intern
- Mauvette Malizia, Graduate Assistant for Accessibility
- Hannah Fassbender, Bednar Student Engagement & Outreach Intern at Berks
- Devin McDuffie, Bednar Global Partnerships Intern
- Naibin Chen, Scholarly Communications Graduate Assistant
- Ben Mitchell, Peer Research Consultant
- Samantha Tepper, Bednar Conservation Intern
- Ally Mastrangelo, Mapping the Student Engagement Journey Undergraduate Research Assistant
• Mauvette Malizia, Graduate Assistant for Accessibility, for her leadership with the Libraries’ Accessibility Student Advisory Group, and her work ethic in continuing to develop projects supporting accessibility within the Libraries.
• Ben Mitchell, Peer Research Consultant, for his work ethic and service in assisting his peers at the Search Bar, his mentorship of new Peer Research Consultants, and taking initiative to expand his role to collaborate and create an exhibition in Sidewater Commons, highlighting political protest materials in our Ken Lawrence collection.
• Lily Murray, Bednar Student Engagement & Outreach Intern, for her leadership in creating new library events, such as organizing, hosting, and leading three Wikipedia Edit-a-thons that reached beyond University Park to multiple campuses for a multi-campus collaboration.
• Jada Warner, Library Staff Assistant, for their exemplary service in ensuring that all questions from library patrons are answered with empathy and being a reliable and adaptable employee that both peers and library faculty and staff rely on.
Created with an image by Adi Goldstein - "The Ballons"