- Students can draw, or write out ideas for their writing.
- Use pre-writing as a bounce off point !
- Students will have their peers read their work.
- Students will make comments on each other's papers.
- Students respond to the comments and make changes.
- Students can edit their own papers but should have another peer edit it as well.
- Its always best to have at least two people edit, so nothing is missed!
Ideas: main message
Organization: structure of the writing
Voice: the tone of the material.
Word choice: vocabulary used
Sentence fluency: the flow of the writing
Conventions: spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and grammar
Four steps to do 6-traits mini-lessons
Introduction: keep it short and sweet!
Instruction: model the skill you are wanting to teach!
Interaction: work together!
Closure: students do the new skill !