My atomic number is 25. My atomic mass is 54.938. My symbol is Mn.
My element is Manganese. It has 25 protons and electrons, and 30 neutrons.
Manganese is a solid and a metal.
Johan Gahn is the man who discovered Manganese in 1774.
Its treatment for rust and corrosion prevention on steel.
Three physical properties of Manganese ;
- Silvery gray metal
- Tarnishes in the air slowly
- Its hard, and very brittle
Three chemical properties of Manganese ;
- Moderately active metal
- Combines with oxygen in the air to form manganese dioxide (MnO2)
- It dissolves in most acids, with the release of hydrogen gas.
Weird and unusual facts ;
- It decomposes cold water slowly
- Its group number 7 on the periodic table
- Its solid state structure is cubic
- The origin of the name is from the Latin word Manganese