The Bulls go into the draw on Monday courtesy of a last-minute winner from Grant Allott. The Mansfield side had gone ahead in the 1st half through top scorer Oliver Fearon but were pegged back by a Jaylee Hodgson equaliser around the hour mark.

Ollie Fearon wins another header

The game started with AFC taking the game to the home side who found it difficult to get out of their own half. In midfield Danny Patterson and Jon D’Laryea were controlling the game and in D’Laryea’s case covering every blade of grass which he continued to do throughout the match. There were plenty of goalmouth incidents but the home side stood firm as they looked for a way into the game.

Top scorer Ollie Fearon in action

That opportunity came through Joe Ashurst on 30 minutes who turned neatly inside the box but fired yards wide when he should, have done better. Jason White had a bit more to do 5 minutes later getting behind a rasping drive from Cameron Davidson.

This period of ascendency was short lived when AFC Mansfield went ahead in the 39th minute. A peach of a cross from Ryan Williams was met by the head of Ollie Fearon and the ball planted itself in the bottom corner of the net to open the scoring.

Ryan Williams congratulates Ollie Fearon on his opening goal

The visitors held their advantage going into the 2nd half but Hucknall started in a much more determined mood. AFC broke and Fearon’s effort came back off the post before Williams saw his drive go afoot wide from the edge of the box.

It was now real end to end cup football and both sides looked as if they could score. But a mix up on 58 minutes at the back for the visitors saw the ball drop to the feet of Jaylee Hodgson. The striker looked up and seeing White off his line hit a 30-yard curling shot that beat the keeper and brought the teams level. Much to the delight of the home fans.

Substitute Lynton Karkach saw his effort go narrowly wide on 80 minutes and at the other end 2 Hucknall players end up in the net diving to get on the end of a superb cross from the left by Ashurst. The ball eventually finding Hodgson who tested White with a low drive.

White was again in action this time getting down to his right to deny a header from Davidson. Some serious pressure on the Hucknall goal in the final minutes, the ball bouncing all over the home box. Grant Allott’s header was scrambled away for a corner. From the resultant corner Hucknall could not clear their lines and again a mad scramble inside the 6-yard box with Allott applying the finishing touch to send AFC Mansfield through to the next round.

Once again, all eyes will be on the draw around mid-day on Monday to see who The Bulls draw in the next round. For Hucknall it’s now back to league action and the push for promotion, which on today’s performance they are more than capable of.

Hucknall Town: Randall, Henry, Danso, Leak, Atkinson, Phillips, Crawford (Nelson 68), Banister, Davidson, Hodgson, Ashurst. Subs not used: Aikman, Maxwell, Gatland, Brian

AFC Mansfield: White, Plummer, Dudley, Allott, Timons, D’Laryea, Williams, Patterson, Fearon, Naylor (Karkach 75). Subs not used: Annable, Wilson, Widdowson & Paling.

Referee: Mr Andrew Dallinson (Nottingham)

Assistants: Mr Alistair Nelson (Nottingham) & Mr Kieran Shaw (Nottingham)

Attendance: 245

MoM: Jon D’Laryea

Jonn D'Laryea - MoM

Made with Adobe Slate

Make your words and images move.

Get Slate

Report Abuse

If you feel that this video content violates the Adobe Terms of Use, you may report this content by filling out this quick form.

To report a Copyright Violation, please follow Section 17 in the Terms of Use.