Muhammad was born 570 in Mecca which is now present day Saudi Arabia. Islam is a monotheistic religious tradition that developed in the Middle East in the 7th century which was founded on the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad as an expression of surrender to the will of Allah, the creator and sustainer of the world.
Islam teaches that there is only one God in the universe who created all things. As apart of the Muslim religion it is important to perform 5 duties which is called The Five Pillars of Faith.
1) Shahadat - A Muslim must acknowledge that "there is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his Prophet".
2) Salat- A Muslim must pray five times daily facing Mecca: at dawn, at noon, in the midafternoon, at dusk, and after dark.
3) Zakaat or almsgiving- Each Muslim give charity and help the needy. Must pay a zagat to the government.
4) Sawm- A Muslim must fast for the month of Ramadan. During the fast month, one must refrain from eating, drinking, smoking, and sexual intercourse from dawn until sunset.
5) Hajj- A Muslim must make a pilgrimage to Mecca. Every adult Muslim who is physically and financially able to do so must make this pilgrimage at least once inn his or her life.