Every day we work towards a more sustainable future for Australia, where young people, military families, and communities thrive.
Whether you are a participant, donor, staff member or program partner, you are a vital part of our community and our vision.
To support our efforts, these guidelines outline the elements which make up Prince’s Trust Australia’s visual identity, values, and brand. It is a helpful resource to ensure staff and partners are clear about the correct ways to use our assets.
Our visual identity is made up of several elements, including: our logo, devices or assets, photography, colour palette, graphics, and typography. When we use these elements consistently, people recognise us.
This design kit is flexible enough to engage a wide range of audiences and promote our full range of services. It emphasises the importance of quality and consistent communications that strengthen trust and awareness of our brand while providing for a high degree of creative flexibility.
Please make sure you read the following guidelines before creating any assets as it is vital you understand the ways in which they can and cannot be used.
If you have any questions about our brand guidelines, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Our Brand
Our vision is to transform lives and build sustainable communities. Our values define our beliefs and behaviours as an organisation. They are:
- Approachable: We are open minded and value diversity
- Non-judgemental: We focus on the potential not the past
- Inspiring: We lead by example
- Empowering: We enable positive change
- Passionate: We are absolutely committed to supporting Australians
Inspired by the vision of our President, HRH The Prince of Wales, and driven by our values, we believe that change can come from challenge. And where our communities face a challenge, we will rise to meet it.
Our Visual Identity
We must present a unified look, feel & sound to drive our engagement across our young people, defence members, and sustainable communities’ portfolios.
Prince's Trust Australia has three distinct audiences and needs. Mindful that each audience responds differently to different looks, we have developed visuals and brand messaging that create a sense of family and unity.
Our visual style draws on our sister charities The Prince's Foundation and Prince's Trust UK and integrates messaging developed by Houston Group in consultation with Trust staff.
Like our colleagues in the United Kingdom, we are a brand of action and positivity. We are dynamic and clear in our mission and values.
Tone of Voice
Our communications are clear, to the point and positive. Our tone of voice is distinctive and natural to us. We use short sentences, avoiding jargon, acronyms, and abbreviations. Sharing stories of our participants are the best way to communicate our story. When we communicate, we are:
- Optimistic: We encourage participants and stakeholders to believe that anything is possible. We are hopeful, trusting, enthusiastic, encouraging, and positive.
- Inspirational: We encourage participants and stakeholders to discover their inner strength to build brighter futures. We are uplifting, helpful, and elevating.
- Empowering: We help participants and stakeholders embrace opportunities. We are caring, nurturing, strong, enriching, and steadfast.
- Determined: We help participants and stakeholders build confidence and instil self-belief.
Where appropriate, certain tones may be dialled up or down (dependent on the subject matter, channel, and audience).
We are inspired by four distinct brand drivers:
- Our Strength: A Global Network, A Local Mandate.
- Our Opportunity: Impact One, Impact Many.
- Our Invitation: Imagine It. Start It. Achieve It. Build It.
- Our Challenge: Rise To Meet It.
The chevron is our primary asset and used across all three portfolios. The chevron represents our brand drivers and values. Repeated use of the chevron also helps us communicate consistently across our three diverse audiences.
There are two variations of the chevron:
- Core chevron
- Active chevron
The core chevron almost always appears in full on any device or asset. It should not be split or halved without prior approval. The active chevron is often used in parts. It can be used as an underlay for images, and as a background on stationary, banners, digital assets, and presentations. Both chevrons can be presented at 50% opacity.