OUSD 2016 Graduation Rates
(Jean Wing complied data)
4-Year Cohort Grad Rates:
64.9% cohort graduation rate for All Students
Flat/maintained overall from from 64.2% in 2015 to 64.9% in 2016. These numbers include all Alternative schools.
59.1% Latino (2.5 percentage point increase from 56.6% in 2015)
64.1% African American (2.7 percentage point increase from 61.4% in 2015)
57.1% English Learners (6 percentage point increase from 51.1% in 2015)
Cohort dropout rate:
20.3% cohort dropout rate
(3.6 percentage point reduction in cohort dropout rate, from 23.9% in 2015)
319 students still enrolled after four years (13.5% of cohort). These students may take longer than four years to graduate, but did not drop out.
• 82.4% 4 Year Cohort Grad Rate!
McClymonds had the largest increase of 17.9 percentage points, up from 64.5% the year before.
McClymonds cohort dropout rate also had the largest decrease of 18.7 percentage points, dropping from 30.6% in 2015 to 11.9% in 2016.
Highest cohort graduation rates for African American students:
• Oakland Technical High School: 85.8%
• McClymonds: 83.3%
Both substantially exceeded 72.6% state cohort graduation rate for African American students
More Graduation Rate data to come....
KEY EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Facility Master Plan - School Portfolio Sync-up
- Learning Group Leads Sync-up
- Executive Cabinet
- CSI Staff 1:1's
- School Portfolio Planning Weekly Mtg
- CSI/ OCE / Elevation Meeting (Sankofa + others)
- Prop 39 Confirmations
- CSI Team 1:1's
- CSI / Engagement Team: MLK/ West Oakland Planning
- Panasonic Foundation Check-in
- COVA Facility / Renewal Meeting
- Harvard Proving Ground Call
- SIG Renewal Webinar
- Supt Work Plan Meeting 2e
- Multi-Lingual Master Plan
- ERS Weekly Cohort Meeting
- CSI Staff 1:1's
- CSI 1:1's
- SIG Grant Reporting
- Early Literacy Sync-UP
- Facilities / SPM Sync-Up Weekly Meeting
- Equity Pledge Steering Committee
- Dual Language Showcase
- Strategic School Decisions Meeting
- New Site Planning Meeting
- Board Engagement Dry-Run
KPI's - Key Performance Indicators
FOCUS: Bright Spots, SPF Report Updates
Executive Cabinet begins weekly data dive into District KPI's at the start of each meeting.
Contact Juan Du with any questions about this data set.
Keep this hit record on the air... contact CSI to receive Department training on how to read and use the SPF and KPI's.
KPI Survey - PLEASE TAKE IT!!!
CSI - WHAT DO WE DO?
Office of Continuous School Improvement
Helps schools and our district become the "Best at Getting Better"
- Measuring & reporting school performance annually & throughout the year using SPF and KPI's (district & charter)
- Designing & implementing tools for data-driven Cycles of Inquiry, strategic school site planning, progress monitoring of programs, analysis and reporting of what's working & not working, and sharing effective practices
- Identifying schools for Intensive supports or eligibility for Innovation; & coordinating access & implementation of those supports and services
- Facilitating decision-making and implementation of new schools, grade configuration expansions, & charter reauthorizations, school mergers or consolidations, and school closures
- Facilitating team responsible for ensuring annual allocation of facilities for new and/or growing schools, changing programs, and charter school requests
We remain lean by collaborating across the district to ensure that Quality is Everyone's Responsibility
Please Contact David Montes de Oca with Immediate Questions at email@example.com
OUSD Selects its Values!
Students First - Equity - Excellence - Integrity - Cultural Responsiveness - Joy