2019 At A Glance
- Roster size: 25
- Returners: 18
- Captains: Seniors Megan Bigelow and Sarah McCoy, juniors Maria Egloff and Audrey White
- 2019 MIAA Preseason Poll: First
- 2019 NCAA Preseason Poll: 15th
- 2018 Regular Season Recap: Hope claimed its third consecutive MIAA championship with an undefeated league record (7-0-1) in 2018 while going 16-3-2 overall.
- 2018 MIAA Tournament Recap: As regular season champs, the Flying Dutch earned top seed in the league tournament and hosted a semifinal and then the final. Hope posted a 3-1 win over Albion College in the semis. In the finals, Adrian College struck with one goal in the first half that held up and the Flying Dutch lost the game (1-0) and the tournament title for the first time in three years. Hope, however, did receive an at-large bid to play in the NCAA Division III Tournament.
- 2018 NCAA Tournament Recap: The Flying played through to the round of 16 for the first time in program history. In the first round, they defeated Bridgewater (Va.) College, 1-0, and then topped host Otterbein (Ohio) University, 2-1, in the second round. Playing next in the sectionals, the Flying Dutch's tournament run was ended, 2-1, by host Christopher Newport (Va.),
Pictured: Junior goalie Jordanne Ellingboe clears the ball.
2019 Coaching Staff
Head Coach Leigh Sears
Coach Leigh Sears starts her 19th season at the helm of the Hope women's soccer program. In her previous 18 seasons leading the Flying Dutch, Dr. Leigh Sears has become Hope's winningest women's soccer coach with a 226-111-26 overall record through the 2018 season. She has guided the Flying Dutch to six Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association championships and six appearances in the NCAA Division III Tournament.
Sears holds the academic rank of associate professor of kinesiology.