Growth Project #4 By Addi Martin

Parameters: piece of linolium with 10 prints of the same design. Goal: get one really good prink to turn in. Design Challenge: carve out an endangered plant into a piece of linoleum to print with ink.

http://www.treehugger.com/natural-sciences/rarest-flower-in-the-world-blooms-in-the-uk-pics.html
When Brainstorming I looked at different photos of the flower to get inspired and based my sketches off of them.
I carved this piece of linoleium and made it how I liked. Then I started printing and using different techniques to make my print look it's best. I kept running the carving tool off of the lines I needed it to be on, so I ended up having to clean those up. I also had trouble showing the texture of the tree in between the two flowers, so when printing I took the brayer and rolled it specifically in those places.
Final Result

Final Critique: Based off of my final results of this project I think overall I did a pretty good job. I did follow the instructions for the most part in a timely manner. I did have some trouble keeping the ink of the edges when printing and getting all the detail I wanted off the linoleum on the print. I could have also worked longer on carving to get the indentions deeper in the linoleum. I feel as if I did get a good result even with all of those problems, I am happy with my end composition.

Report Abuse

If you feel that this video content violates the Adobe Terms of Use, you may report this content by filling out this quick form.

To report a Copyright Violation, please follow Section 17 in the Terms of Use.