We would like to welcome everybody to the 2018-19 school year. We hope that you have had an enjoyable summer and are looking forward to returning. We have been working hard to get prepared for the upcoming school year and wanted to share some information with you in preparation for your return. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the office at (317)326-3121. The office will officially open Tuesday, July 17th at 8:00am.
1. Maxwell Drop off/Pick up Information: Again this year, you will enter the drive west of the football field off of 500 North. The drop off point will be located at the northeast doors (Gym). You will loop around and exit onto 500 North. If it is a possibility, we would encourage as many of you to head west on 500 North to eliminate some of the congestion on State Road 9. In addition, the drive on the far north of our property is now for bus traffic only. There should be no parent traffic on this drive.
2. 2018-19 Supply Lists
These lists have also been dropped off at Wal-Mart in Greenfield.
3. Registration Information - https://powerschool.gcsc.k12.in.us/public/
- For Students who attended GC Schools Last Year, online registration will open on Monday, July 16th for the 2018-19 school year through PowerSchool. To register your student(s), logon to the PowerSchool parent portal (address above), access your parent account, and follow the prompts.
**Once registered, you should have access to your child's schedule, locker number and combination. Please be sure to PRINT this or WRITE it down to avoid the lines during open house.
- For students NEW TO GC (please spread the word to any of your new neighbors with school-aged children), we will be open for walk in registration on Thursday, July 19th from 12:00-7:00 p.m.
4. Textbook Fees
2018-19 school year (Amount listed below INCLUDES Consumable FEE)
4th - $112.00
5th - $122.44
6th - $121.73
- Textbook Rental: We would like to remind you that book rental payment is due no later than the first day of school. If you are on deferred payment, then the due date will be September 15th this year. At this time, we are not able to take online payment; therefore, we will have staff available to collect payment (cash or check) during open house should you like to take advantage of this opportunity. Otherwise, please send with your child on the first day of school.
5. 2018-19 Open House/Meet the Teacher Nights
On the appropriate evening (see dates/times below), you will be able to meet your child's teachers. Your child will also have the opportunity to practice opening lockers and place items in them should they desire to do so. Again, we encourage you to print or hand write your locker number/combo as well as your schedule during the online registration process to save yourself from standing in line waiting during the open house event.
- Parents, information will be presented regarding the 1 to 1 computer program during this evening. You can view this at either 6:45 or 7:15 in your child's homeroom teacher's classroom.
5th Grade: 6:30-7:30pm Wednesday, July 25th
6th Grade: 6:30-7:30pm Thursday, July 26th
4th Grade: 6:30-7:30pm Monday, July 30th
6. Volunteer Forms -
- Once you are on the above page, click on the red apply button in the upper right hand corner to complete the process.
-If you plan to attend a field trip at any time during the year or volunteer in your child's classroom, we would encourage you to complete this as soon as possible. If you have not completed and passed this background check, you will not be able to participate in these events. It is at no cost to you so if you even remotely believe you might like to help out, please do this now. There is nothing worse than telling you in May that you cannot go on a trip with your child because this process has not been completed. Again, please take care of this now.
7. Medical Information - http://www.gcsc.k12.in.us/?page_id=590
-Please check the link above for the latest on immunization and medical plan information.
8. 2018-19 Corporation School Calendar
9. 2018-19 MIS Parent Event Calendar https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=students.gcsc.k12.in.us_uoqqb9rge2sh7nkbamntfjpit4%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York
The link above will allow you to view our most up-to-date calendar. It will update as changes/additions are made throughout the year.
10. Keeping up with the latest at MIS:
- MIS Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maxwell-Intermediate-School/1629450274010778
- MIS website: http://mis.gcsc.k12.in.us (The "Team Pages" Link for latest homework, etc)
- MIS PTO Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Maxwell.Intermediate.PTO.gcsc.in.us
- MIS PTO Email Contact: MaxwellPTO.email@example.com
- MIS Twitter Feeds (#proud2bMIS, #MISgotchas):
Mrs. Greulich: @MIS_AsstPrin
Mr. Gilman: @MrGilman_MIS
Mrs. Hall: @mrs__hall_
Mrs. Heller: @klh181967
Mrs. Herron: @MrsHerronMIS
Mrs. Tilley: @ajdctilley
Mr. Berrier: @BerrierScott
Mrs. Wayne: @wayne5th
Mrs. Blasdel: @Mrs_Blasdel
Mr. Cooper: @hangwithcooper6
Mrs. Glant: @MrsGlant
Mrs. Proper: @kristine_proper
Miss Strifler: @MissStriflerMIS
Mrs. Reynolds: @GCSCArtTeach
Mrs. Fletcher: @FletchComputers
Mrs. Beuoy: @MrsBeuoy
Mrs. Leliaert: (MIS Math Coach): @lleliaert
11. Additional Upcoming Dates:
First Day Of School
-August 1st will be a blue day (Related Arts Day)