TERM 4 CALENDAR.
- Fri 16 Oct: Kinder 2021 parent information session via Zoom 9.30-11.30
- Wed 28 Oct: P&F meeting by Zoom @ 6.30.
- Tue 3 Nov: K-2 spirituality day.
- Thu 12 Nov: Book Week parade.
- Fri 20 Nov: Year 5 & 6 to Morriset Day Camp
- Wed 25 Nov: P&F annual general meeting by Zoom @ 6.30.
- Mon 30 Nov – Fri 4 Dec: Book fair.
- Fri 4 Dec: STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) Day, K-6. Year 5 leadership speeches and voting. Semester 2 reports to be published.
- Tue 8 Dec: End-of-year awards ceremonies.
- Thu 10 Dec: 20 Nights Book Party.
- Wed 16 Dec: Students’ last day.
- Thu 17 Dec: Staff’s last day.
From the PrinciPAL - Thank you Shermaine!
Welcome back to another term of school . . . our final term of 2020. What a memorable year it has been! I trust that you are rested and ready to tackle the frenzy that is often associated with the end of the year.
After many years of service as our canteen coordinator, Shermaine has finally decided to retire from the role. Shermaine has done a tremendous job in ensuring that your children have been well nourished at school, and I thank her on your behalf. Shermaine’s role has included rostering volunteers, ordering supplies, training new volunteers, writing up procedures, launching and maintaining the QKR app and filling in at a moments notice. While the role has been very demanding, I am sure that Shermaine would be the first to admit that it has given her tremendous satisfaction.
One of my adult sons, Alex, is about to become a father for the first time. One of the greatest compliments that he recently paid to me was to tell me that he wants to coach his son in cricket, soccer or whatever sports he chooses to play . . . because that is what he saw me do as a young dad. Alex clearly sees the value in volunteering and in becoming involved in community activities. To see my son develop such attitudes gives me enormous satisfaction.
If you would like to consider volunteering your time with either rostering or ordering, please let me know. I can put you in touch with Shermaine who would be very happy to let you know what else is involved.
Likewise, if you can spare any time volunteering in the canteen with counter service or with preparation of lunch orders, please contact me. There is a handful of people doing these jobs at present, and I am sure that those generous people would be happy to spread the load.
All volunteers must be registered to volunteer. Please contact Bronwyn in the office if you would like to know more about volunteering, or read about volunteering on our website.
Have a good week.