What is Cambodia's main source of income? What are the natural resources and trade of Cambodia?
- Major exports include: garments, footwear, rice, fish, rubber, and timber.
- Major importants include: petroleum, construction materials, cigarettes, pharmaceuticals, gold, machinery, and motor vehicles.
- Land, metal and mineral deposits, forests, mining, and fishing.
- 57% of Cambodia is covered by forest.
- Mainly mine for phosphate rock, salt, sand, gravel, and stones.
- There is freshwater fishing in Tonle Saps.
- “...vendors sell everything from fabrics with stripes, paisley, and flowers to books in Chinese, Khmer, English, and French” (Ung 8).