1. At the end of World War II, the East Asian country of Korea came under control the U.S. And the Soviet Union.
2. A commonuists government took control of North Korea.
3. A U.S. Backed government took over south korea
4. On June 25, 1950 North Korean troops invaded South Korea.
5. Truman took action and the United Nations too about Korea and the what was happening.
6. General McCharther led the American troops and forced them back across the 38th parallel.
7. General McCarther was the main commander for the WWII.
8. The goal of McCarther was to unify Korea.
9. The UN forces were forced back by the Chinese, who saw them as a threat, to South Korea.
10. McCarther wanted to drop atomic bombs to win the war but Truman didn't approve of his plan he thought it would lead to a larger war. McCarther was then removed by Truman in April 1951.