Examples of Domestic Abuse
Controlling through fear is done regularly by abusing the victim: physically, sexually, psychologically, and economically.
- Being kicked, punched, pinched, slapped, choked and bitten
- Constant checking up on your whereabouts
- Not allowing any activity outside the home that does not include her or him
- Constant yelling and shouting
- Blaming you for their own failures
- The threat of violence.
- The threat of use of violence against family members or pets
- Destroying personal items
- Threatening to remove your children
"Somebody got to think for women and chillun and chickens and cows. I god, they sho don’t think none theirselves."
How can YOU prevent Domestic Violence Abuse ?
- Advocates are available 24/7 at1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- " http://www.thehotline.org/help/ "offer the same support through live chat services available everyday from 7am - 2am
- Advocates who are Deaf are available 24/7 through the National Deaf Hotline by video phone at 1-855-812-1001