From the Principal's Desk
Dear Parents and Guardians,
The Lent Season is upon us! Lent is the time when we, as Christians, remember the life of Jesus and consecrate ourselves during the forty days leading up to Easter (the resurrection of our Lord and Savior). During this season, Sonshine Christian Academy places a special emphasis on the Christian Ethics (the right and wrong of how to handle situations) displayed among our children. We are pushing for a loving environment full of peace and joy. As a result, we have partnered with Skate Zone 71 and have decided to reward our children, who continue to display Christian moral character, with a Glow in the Dark Skating party (please see flyer in this month's newsletter).
Sonshine would like to acknowledge our Honor Roll and Super Honor Roll students from the second quarter grading period. We will be recognizing our Kindergarten through Eighth Graders for their Second Quarter Scholastic Achievements on Wednesday, March 13th, directly after our Chapel service (Chapel starts at 1:00 PM, and our Honor and Super Roll Recognition will begin at 1:30 PM); Parents and Guardians are welcome to attend.
As Spring swiftly approaches, please be mindful of the Primary-school-wide testing environment that Sonshine will be entering during the last few weeks of this month. It is important that you help us stress the message of Focus, Faith, and Friendliness during this time of testing, as each child is expected to complete the State Assessments. In preparation of these exams, Sonshine Christian Academy teachers are conducting various reviews and issuing homework assignments that reflect practice questions accordingly. I would like to personally invite each family to utilize the After-School Program as a resource for your child(ren) with the help of tutors who will assist to further support the test-preparation effort. High scores are what we want to achieve, and it takes ALL of US to support each child with the extra focus they will need to meet these academic success goals.
Please Note the Following Dates and Information:
• Safety Tip of the month: Students are being reminded to put all backpacks in their designated places (whether in the coatroom area or lockers) so as to maintain a safe and transparent environment throughout the school day.
• PTA Scheduled Meeting: will be held at Sonshine on Thursday, March 7th, at 4PM, and Tuesday, April 2nd at 4PM, where the following items will be discussed: End of Year Graduations; Fundraisers; the Eighth Grade Trip; and Moving Details for 2019/20 School Year. Please contact Ms. Unisha Moore: firstname.lastname@example.org for PTA updates and questions.
• Please note that the EdChoice Scholarship is currently Open for Enrollment! Make sure to contact SCA Office Staff to secure your child’s reenrollment for next school year.
We solicit your prayers and support as we continue to advance the Kingdom of God through Educating our Youth.
In the Service of the King,
Dr. Davina A.J. Hicks, Head of School
Spread the word! Enrollment for the 2019 - 2020 school year at Sonshine Christian Academy is now open. Please go to our website at www.scaoh.us for more information.
At Sonshine Christian Academy, we offer a Christ-centered educational program for students Pre K - 8th grade that enables each student to acquire knowledge, personal qualities, skills, understanding and the qualifications necessary for students to live and thrive in a multicultural and ever-changing society. The achievement of this philosophy demands emphasis on effective learning within a school culture conducive to this end.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Sonshine Christian Academy's Glow in the Dark Skating Party
We are having a SCA School Skating Party for Students at Skate Zone 71, on Monday March 18th from 6:00pm - 8:00pm. Be sure to come out to Skate Zone 71 for a great party! Admission is only $6.50.
The Cafe will have hot pizza, hot dogs, nachos, pretzels, ICEES and more. There will be lots of games and prizes. Laser Tag and the Game Room will be Open!
Please note this party is for family and friends of students who attend Sonshine Christian Academy.
Adults who don’t skate can come in for free! We'll see you there!
2019 School Calendar
- March 29th: 3rd Quarter Ends
- April 1st: 4th Quarter Starts
- April 3rd: Report Cards Online
- April 18th: Early Dismissal – 1:00pm (no latch key)
- April 19th: Good Friday – No School
- April 22 – 26: Spring Break
- April 29th: Classes Resume
- May 3rd: Progress Reports Available Online
- May 27th: Memorial Day – No School
- June 4th: Pre School Graduation at 8:30am
- June 5th: Kindergarten Graduation at 8:30am
- June 5th: LAST DAY FOR LATCH KEY for Kindergarten
- June 6th: 5th Grade Clap Out at 11:00am
- June 6th: 8th Grade Graduation @ 6:00pm
- June 6th: NO LATCH KEY
- June 7th: Last day for students – Early Dismissal at 1:00pm
- June 10th: Report Cars Online