- Saturday was the fourth time the Bearcats and Hornets have squared off over the past two seasons - two regular season and two post-season tilts. The Bearcats won all four matchups and have not lost to Emporia St. since...
- Collin Bevins (DL) recorded 3.5 sacks on his way to setting a school record for career sacks (33.0), surpassing Matt Longacre's (LA Rams) previous record of 30.5 sacks.
- The Bishop brothers, Jordan (WR) and Jarrod (LB), each scored a touchdown on Saturday, the first time they've done so in the same game as Bearcats.
- The Bearcat defense continued to be dominant, they didn't allow a single point in the second half and held the Hornets to -30 yards rushing. That is not a typo.
- Saturday's victory marked the 27th straight win for the Bearcats.
The offense got things started as the Bearcats jumped out to a 17-0 lead by the end of the first quarter. Kyle Zimmerman (QB) continued his poised play, passing for one touchdown and running in two more in the first half.
The Hornets scored early in the second quarter, but a blocked extra point took some of the wind out of their sails. The Bearcats began to pull away on the very next drive when Randy Schmidt (WR) connected on a pass to Jordan Bishop (WR) for a 52-yard score. The Bearcats would take a commanding 31-13 lead into the half.
The Bearcat defense dominated the second half, as they didn't allow a single point from the Hornet offense. The defensive line, led by Collin Bevins, wreaked havoc in the backfield all day. As a team the Bearcats recorded 12 TFL and held the Hornets to -30 yards rushing on the day. Jarrod Bishop (LB) put a cap on the stellar defensive outing when he intercepted a pass in the fourth quarter, returning it 65-yards for a touchdown.