MIS STUDENT RECOGNITION
Gotcha Prize Winners: We would like to recognize the following students for exhibiting great character throughout the week. They were selected as our "Gotcha" prize winners this week:
Shawn H., Savanna R., Will S., Parker C., Makenzie G., Emma M., Zachery O., Cecelia S., and Joseph S.
MIS students are spreading kindness and positivity through being a Bucket Filler. What have you done today to fill someone’s “bucket?” #bucketfiller #kindnessmatters #Proud2bMIS
Sertoma Essay Winner
Lorelei S.'s essay was selected by the Sertoma Club of Greenfield as the Hancock County Winner
Neighborhoods Against Substance Abuse Calendar Awards
Cierra W. receives her award from NASA today.
Carson A. receives his award from NASA today.
weekly school News
1. #thankfulThursday: As mentioned in earlier newsletters, two summers ago we had a large group of staff members meet on several occasions to discuss our old "Behavior Card." The goal was to find a way to make this a more positive communication tool for our parents and students. This evening, you will have the opportunity to review and sign your child's "Character Card." This card was created as a scaled feedback tool to provide you with, not only the traditional information you have always received, but also a glimpse into the positive choices and leadership that your child is displaying throughout his/her day.
Knowing this, the office staff is requesting your help. We would like to share with our staff regular, positive feedback from a variety of sources. Please take a few moments and use the link below to provide some encouragement to those folks that are making a major difference in your child's future. These comments can be anonymous, or you can provide your name. The office staff will use the provided comments every Thursday for our #thankfulThursday movement. The attached form can be completed, as little or often as you like, throughout the entire school year. We appreciate your support in growing the culture of gratitude that already exists at MIS!!
A couple positive comments already submitted:
"Mrs. Husted is great! She is a great communicator and champion for our son's learning. Our son really enjoys her, and as parents, we really appreciate the way she understands students and learning. She is the near perfect balance of compassion and accountability in learning. Thanks for loving on and pushing our son at the same time."
"I don't have a student in this class, but I follow her on Instagram. I love seeing the great things she has her students doing in class. She clearly loves them yet finds ways to keep her students challenged and growing. Learning sure looks fun in your room. Your students are fortunate to have you, Mrs. Blasdel."
2. E-Learning Day: Tuesday, November 19th will be an e-Learning day; therefore, school buildings will be closed for the day. Teachers who are present on this day will be participating in professional development during the morning and will be available to field any student questions in the afternoon. If you have a particular question, feel free to call the office (317-326-3121) or email the teacher of the class. They will respond as their availability allows, and students will be given an appropriate amount of time to complete work.
If you have a tech issue, please contact our technology department at (317) 477-4111.
3. Rally For Riley Spirit Week (December 2nd - 6th): Click Here for Details
4. 4th Annual Thanksgiving Food Drive: The MIS K-Kids will be sponsoring their 4th Annual Thanksgiving Food Drive starting Monday and lasting through Friday of next week. Each class will receive a "grocery list" of Thanksgiving canned and boxed foods. The first class to donate all items on the list will receive a treat.
All food items collected will be donated to the Kenneth Butler Memorial Soup Kitchen to help ensure all Greenfield residents have a hot Thanksgiving meal.
5. 6th Grade Open House for the Wrestling program @ GCJHS: This evening is for parents to receive more information and to communicate interest in participating in this program. Coach Pfaff will be present to provide an overview for parents.
6. Toys for Tots: If you would like to make a donation to the cause, a collection box is available in the school office until December 8th.
7. Environmental Club Newsletter (Click Here)
8. School Dismissal Manager (CLICK FOR INSTRUCTIONS):
Maxwell Intermediate School utilizes the School Dismissal Manager program or app to safely manage transportation arrangements for our students at the end of the day. Parents may also report absences or schedule early dismissal for appointments. We are fully using SDM at this time. Any change you need to make to your child's after school transportation should be done through this prior to 1:00pm. If you have any questions regarding this program, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (317)326-3121.
KEEPING UP WITH THE LATEST AT MIS