TTT engagement and outreach efforts involve not only to our external stakeholders but also internally with our colleagues. On 25 April, TTT welcomed Valerie to their weekly meetings with her expertise, drafted the workplan of EnO from 2017 to 2018.
With the workplan, which revealed a packed year of events and activities, resources could be deployed more strategically and effectively.
A meeting was arranged with Victor Go from OCS on 11 May to discuss on collaborative opportunities for the Student-Alumni Engagement, headed by our very own Vincent.
Jeanine was also invited to the meeting to explore more pathways for the Professional Development programmes.
The alumni of SMU Samba Masala met together on Saturday 22 April to discuss and confirm their plans leading up to the official formation of the Alumni Group. A total of 22 alumni and 5 current students were present to contribute their ideas.
Some Alumni names were suggested. SMU ALUNOS, SAMBA KAKI, SAMBA IN THE CITY, SAMBA DIVISION, SAMBASSADORS. Stay tune and find out when they official launch.
Catching up with alumni from the SMU Career Champions group!
A meeting was arranged with the core alumni of the Career Champions to discuss on the constitution matters. During the meeting, the group discussed on the vision, mission and events if the group is formed successfully. The team is positive and appreciative that OAR and SMUAA are willing to support such initiatives to connect the alumni with the school. At the moment, they are hoping to complete the charter by end June, and launch as an official AG in September 2017.
Meet the SMU Caretalyst alumni and current presidents/exco.
A meeting was arranged with the past and current EXCO of the SMU Caretalyst group to update on the feasibility and developments of officialising themselves as an AG. The team concluded that they hope to use the upcoming “SMU Caretalyst Connect” event in September as a “Homecoming” event to gather back their alumni and pitch the idea of forming the group to them. Once done, they will confirm the AG EXCO and targets to launch the group in Jan 2018.
Setting up a new Diving AG together with C4SR
We are making process on Basement. Here is an update of the timeline tasks:
- Come out with 1st draft design layout (DONE)
- Meet with OCIS to get their endorsement and comments (DONE)
- SMUAA and OAR to agree on new simplified layout after meeting OCIS (DONE)
- Clear new layout with Haslinda from OCIS (DONE)
- Meet with SMUSA and OSL to set up hand over date and checklist. Namely to remove 2 Pool table and SMUSA furnitures - (DONE)
- Meet up with Alumni Brandon Heng to get a 2nd choice with new design (Done)
- OCIS to arrange for MC contractor inspection on Basement (DONE)
- To come out a draft design layout presentation - (DONE)
- Present new propose design to OCIS - (DONE)
- Await OCIS endorsement and funding with new design - 2nd week May
- To finalize and confirm layout and design - 3rd - End May
- To source for comparison quotes with OCIS - 3rd - End May
- To clear furniture and Pool tables - End May
- To take over Basement from SMUSA. - End May
- To offer and start renovation (To work out new renovation and furniture time line) - Mid June
- To work on operations - June and July
- To operation Basement (Test) - Early August
- To open doors and launch of Basement - End August . easy September