View highlights from the CSMS 9-11 Tribute Activity
Important reminders & Dates!
- October 21- Unity Day! Wear Orange— Choose kindness, acceptance, and inclusion.
- October 23-30 RED RIBBON WEEK! Join us in the following theme days to take a stand against drugs. Students must follow dress code on all of the days. However, they may get into the spirit with hair color and hats. No gory or violent content, and no costumes or Halloween masks.
- Friday, 10/23- “Kick off Red Ribbon Week” Wear your favorite football team or school spirit.
- Monday, 10/26- “ ‘Merica Monday”— United we stand against drugs. Wear red, white, and blue.
- Tuesday, 10/27- “Two-Ridiculous Tuesday”— Drugs are ridiculous. Match up with your friend-twin day or dress as a trio!
- Wednesday, 10/28- “Drugs make me red!” Wear red.
- Thursday, 10/29- “Rebel against drugs, rise up Falcons!”—Wear Greasers vs. Preps clothes.
- Friday, 10/30- “Drugs will haunt you for life”—Wear Halloween theme gear (see above for school appropriate guidelines).
- November 12- School Picture Day! (Make up picture day is January 12.)
- Students are asked to bring a clear water bottle to stay hydrated. For safety, we have closed communal water fountains, but students can refill their water bottles at the newly installed water hydration stations.
- Parents needing to drop off items during the school day are asked to call prior to arriving. We will be practicing social distancing in our lobby and we appreciate your patience as we limit the number of people entering at one time.
- If your child requires medication during school hours please call Mrs. Richie to make an appointment. Appointments are available from 7:00-8:45 Monday through Friday. 352-344-2244 Extension 4419/4420
- EVERY FRIDAY is Falcon Spirit Day! Students and staff are encouraged to wear their school-spirit gear. Today begins our two week Fall Fan Cloth Fundraiser for those that would like to order a variety of spirit gear! See info below. In addition, our school store is open on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 7:20-7:50 with school t-shirts and sweatshirts.
- For safety, there will be NO bus notes to change buses this year.
SCHOOL SPIRIT GEAR!
Click the link below to view these items and MORE!
For the next TWO WEEKS, students and families can purchase Falcon Spirit items through FanCloth. All orders are placed online and items are shipped directly to your home. Funds raised support student and staff recognition.
Breakfast & Lunch is FREE for all students through December 18
Superintendent Himmel recently requested and received approval to allow the Summer Food Service Program to operate until December 18, 2020. Under this program, ALL children 18 years old and younger may receive FREE breakfast and lunch.
Citrus Virtual Student Families will continue to be allowed to pick up meals for their students on Mondays and Thursdays from 12:15-1:15 PM.
If you have any questions, please contact Food and Nutrition Services Department at 352-726-1931 ext. 2402
substitute teachers needed!
If you would be willing to be Falcon substitute teacher, please view the advertisement below and click here to complete a substitute application. We need more great subs to join our team!
Soaring Falcon students are chosen monthly by the grade level teachers in recognition of consistent outstanding school performance and attitude.
The Great american cookie dough Fundraiser!
Several organizations on our campus will begin The Great American Fundraiser on October 1st. Not only will this provide equipment and supplies for students, but for $100.00 in sales, students will receive $1000 scholarship to a participating university and for $250 in sales students will receive $2500 scholarship. ($2500 is the maximum they can earn.) A flyer with more information will go home with the students. We appreciate your support and participation!
Canvas for parents
If you haven't downloaded the Canvas app for parents or signed up for Canvas on your computer, visit the link below to find out how to set that up and pair it with your students accounts. This link is also available on our school website under the Parent Links tab. This platform will be your resource for student assignments, communication, and course information throughout the year.
No dismissal changes may be made AFTER 1:45.
Car Line Pick up and Drop off PROCEDURES
- Student drop off is between 7:20-7:50. Vehicles MAY NOT enter the middle school parking lot to drop off students. Please drive slowly. Please do not talk on your cellphone during drop-off.
- If it’s possible to delay your students arrival until 7:30 that would help us greatly.
- Students that arrive between 7:20-7:30 will be sent to the cafeteria until they can report to home room at 7:30.
- Please follow the drop off route so we can keep everyone safe.
- Students that arrive after 7:50 will be marked tardy.
Pick up: Dismissal begins at 2:20 pm. Vehicles MUST use the car line to pick up their student. Vehicles MAY NOT enter the middle school parking lot to pick up students. Please drive slowly. Please do not talk on your cellphone during pick up.
*We are no longer allowing students to cross over to be picked up from the parking lot.
If you are interested in being a part of the School Advisory Council, please email Rachel Bender email@example.com
Meetings will be held 3:00 pm via ZOOM invitations sent out to the interested participants.
- November 9, 2020
- January 11, 2021
- March 8, 2021
- May 10, 2021
Follow us on Facebook!
Follow Citrus Springs Middle on Facebook for updates and pictures!
If you have not had a chance to check out all of the resources on our website-- check it out!
TO PURCHASE SINGLE-GAME TICKETS:
• Visit our district website www.citrusschools.org.
• Click on the button in the middle of the homepage marked “Athletic Event Tickets”. This button will redirect you to our box office.
• From there you will choose the corresponding school you will be purchasing tickets from.
• Once you have purchased the online ticket you can either print the ticket and present it at the gate, or you can download the e-ticket to your phone or other electronic device and have it scanned upon your arrival.
Please note that senior citizen passes, walk-up tickets or any FHSAA passes, will not be available or honored this season due to these new protocols.
SCHOOL DISTRICT EMPLOYEES:
In past seasons, all employees were allowed free admission to all regular season athletic contests with their school board identification badge. This is no longer an option for our Fall athletic season due to use being limited to a 25% venue capacity. ALL faculty and staff must purchase a ticket so venue attendance numbers can be accurately counted and managed. There are NO exceptions to this rule.
Masks are mandatory for all spectators for all indoor & outdoor events. Fans are also asked to self-assess if they are sick before attending a game. If any fan is not feeling well and/or have COVID-19 symptoms, please stay at home. If any fan is caught not wearing his/her mask, they will be asked to leave the game.
Pre-packaged items will be available for sale during games. Cash only.
Fall Sports Schedules
Science Fair for 2020-2021
Advanced science students are in the process of completing Research Plans and finalizing plans for their Science Fair Projects. This year Science Fair will look a little different. Instead of Tri-Fold Boards, students will be presenting their final product in the form of a Google Slides/Powerpoint Slideshow. These shows will be available in December to view in the form of a “Virtual Science Fair”.
Also different is the format that the Regional Science Fair will be presented in. Students who move on to the Regional level will be participating virtually from their school sites.
Although Science Fair will look different this year it does continue on. If you have questions, please direct them to your science teacher and from there we will try to find an answer as a quickly as possible.
If you have any questions concerning Title l please call: Rene’ Johnson (Title l Coordinator) @ 352-726-1931
advancement via individual determination
Welcome to the AVID center!
ALL parents are encouraged to read this section to receive information that will help you and your child prepare for the future-- the where and what to do next for your child’s education.
Calendar of events for AVID in October:
- October 1st-14th - Cookie Dough Fundraiser
- October 13th- AVID Dress Up day- Students must wear nicer clothes (meaning not jeans or shorts and t-shirts) on that day to practice or model interview first impressions.
Your Child’s Future Planning: When your child starts high school, download My Career Shines to get started building a resume. Write every accomplishment, sport, academic club, grades and/or rewards that your child gets in high school. This could be the difference between your child and another getting into college or trade school. Remember to encourage students to stay positive on social media--colleges are also looking at what students post.
National Jr. Honor Society update
Due to the current situation with COVID 19 and the limited participation opportunities, NJHS will not be active during the fall semester. It is possible that in January we will be able to hold the induction ceremony and resume NJHS activities. We will reevaluate in November and let you know at that time. Thanks for all you do to help our students succeed!
NJHS Sponsors: Abramowich, Fowler, Jolly
Teachers working out-of-Field
Citrus Springs Middle School is proud that all 45 teachers and administrators who work with our students are certified by the State of Florida or other governing board. We appreciate the following teacher who has volunteered to teach a subject outside of her primary certification and is currently taking classes to obtain certification in the area she is teaching out-of-field.
Teacher: Lori Biggs Course: Reading
This teacher has both experience and coursework in the area she is teaching. She is an excellent teacher, and we appreciate the extra effort she is putting forth on behalf of our students.
The Florida Department of Juvenile Justice has announced a new awareness campaign aimed at addressing school threats by students in Florida. Learn more about DJJ’s #ItsNoJoke campaign here.
Guidance Resources & information
Our guidance department is here to serve you and your student. You are welcome to call and set up a phone or Zoom conference with your student's teachers or speak with a guidance counselor about any concerns you may have.
Mrs. Brendel – Guidance Secretary, ext. 4411 email- brendelC@citrusschools.org
Mrs. Hum – Registrar, ext. 4412 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Pastorello – School Counselor assisting students with last names A-L, ext. 4407 email- email@example.com
Ms. Pettit -School Counselor assisting students with the last names M-Z, ext. 4408 email- firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Smith- School Social Worker, (352) 400-0886 email- email@example.com
School Financial Report
A copy of the most recent school financial report is located on our school website.