The last picture is a good example of macro photography because the flower in the picture is larger than life. Since this picture is macro, you can really see the detail of the flower, including the seeds and its petals. I like that the flower and the background have good contrast with the purple flower on top of the green background. This helps the flower stand out more which helps you notice more details.
Rule of Thirds
In the fourth photo, I have used the rule of thirds and used the sun to naturally brighten up the photo. The focal point lands on the center of the flower and leads down between the two front petals. The flowers in the background provide an interesting backdrop for the viewer to notice, without taking too much attention away from the main subject itself. I enjoy the colors and the exposure present in the photograph. There is a good contrast between the pink flower and the green background, which I think makes the flower stand out more. This picture has a good use of color and positioning.
In the first photo, the horizontal fence post leads the viewer’s eye towards the vertical fence post, which then leads their eye to the three red leaves on top. This photo does not have a large use of color. Because of this, it makes the red leaves stand out which also draws the viewer's eye towards them. I like that there is nothing drawing your attention away from the focal point of the photo. I also like that this photo gives off a sense of Fall.
In the first photo, there is a triangle of interest with the two buildings and the largest tree. I think that this photo is a good example of monochrome photography because the different lighting and shades of gray are pleasing to the eye in black and white. Since the two buildings and the large tree are darker than the background, it guides your eye around the entire photo. The increased contrast also makes the picture more pleasing to the viewer's eye.
In the first photo, I edited a few things. First, I used the airbrush tool to cover up some bruises on Hunny’s arm. I also used the airbrush tool to cover up some pimples that were on Hunny’s chin and above her lip. Then, I used the clone tool to clone over a logo that was on Hunny’s shirt that was partially not in the picture, because the logo looked a little odd and distracted the viewer’s eye from the subject of the photo. I also cropped the photo to bring the subject more to the viewer’s attention. Furthermore, I adjusted the brightness so that Hunny and the background could stand out better.
In the third photograph, the setup was very simple. I took two old photographs of my family and an old camera and set them up with a black background. The lighting that I used here was just overhead lighting from the classroom lights. It took me a couple of tries to figure out whether or not I wanted to use the flood lamp or the flash on my camera as well. It also took some me a couple minutes to try different vantage points before I found the one that I liked. When editing, I did not do much because I did not feel there was much that needed to be done. I edited out a couple of spots that were on the sheet and adjusted the brightness and that was all.