School Day: Classrooms Open: 8:05am, Tardy Bell: 8:10am, Dismissal: 2:35pm
- Dec. 10 - Winter Concert 7pm
- Dec. 10 - TME Spirit Wear Pop Up Shop
- Dec. 10-14 - SAC Toy Drive
- Dec. 14 - ESE Parent Night Out
- Dec 21 - TME Spirit wear
- Dec 24 - Jan 7 - Winter Break
- Jan 8 - Greeks - Dine to Donate
SAC Toy Drive
Toys + Boys & Girls = Joy!
Have you thought about the kids who don’t get gifts this holiday season? During the week of December 10-14th, the Student Activities Council will be collecting toys for less fortunate boys and girls of Hamilton County. We are looking for brand new toys for boys and girls, ages 1 – 10 years old. From Peppa Pig to Spiderman, any and all toys would be appreciated! You don’t need a reason to donate toys this holiday season!
Winter Concert, Dec 10th
Just a reminder that the Winter Concert is coming up on Monday, December 10th. There will be a school performance at 1.30 pm and another that evening at 7 p.m. Meadowlarks, Orff Ensemble and Drumming Ensemble will be performing. See you there!
TME Spirit Wear Pop Up Shop Dec 10th
TME has the perfect gift for everyone on your list- TME Spirit Wear! Come stop by our pop up shop on Monday, December 10th. Spirit-wear makes great gifts for students, parents and grandparents who love to show their spirit for Towne Meadow. T-shirts start at only $10, sweatshirts start at $25! We have a few options for purchasing- please cash or check only. You may send money with your child on December 10th- they may shop during lunch. Meadowlarks/Off Ensemble winter concert is December 10th with a 1:30 and 7pm concert. You may purchase spirit-wear before or after either of these performances If you are picking up your child from carpool or ESE, stop on by inside and shop on December 10th. See you then!
Lost & Found
Our lost and found is over flowing with winter coats, sweaters, hats, gloves and lunch boxes! Many items do not have names. If your child is missing an item please have them check our lost and found area, or next time you are in the school, please also check! Any unclaimed items will be donated before Winter Break. Thanks!
Holiday Light Recycling! Towne Meadow Elementary's Holiday Light Recycling project will being on Monday, December 3rd. Bring your outdated, unused, and over loved holiday lights to our Green Team! Bins will be in the front lobby from Monday, December 3rd - Friday, January 10th.
Marker Recycling! Green Team is currently holding a school wide marker recycling project for the year. Send your student in with old markers and Green Team (and Crayola) will make sure your markers don't end up in a landfill. There are recycling boxes located in each pod and in several classrooms! Markers can also be turned into Mrs. McCann's mailbox!
Our Green Team finished their T-shirt Bags this week and prepared signs to advertise our Holiday Light Recycling! Members now know how to cut and tie their own no-sew bags. Students who didn't finish their bags can show parents at home how to create their bags. Thank you to Green Team families who donated extra T-shirts for this project. We will be donating and recycling left overs to Goodwill and the American Textile Recycling Service. This project saved 40 lbs of textiles from going to a landfill!
Green Team December Meeting: Our next Green Team meeting will take place on Thursday, December 6th at 7:25 am. We will meet in the lobby and will be completing our T-Shirt bag project we started in November. Green Team members who were unable to attend the November meeting can still join in on the fun.
If you would like to be a parent volunteer for this meeting or future Green Team events, please reach out to Niki McCann at email@example.com. Kindly remember, all volunteers must have a current background check on file. Additional information on volunteering can be found here.
STOPit Anonymous Reporting Tool
More information and resources about the STOPit app can be found on our FAQ page and by watching this informational video.
Friends of Coyote 2019 Save the Date
Dinner & Create Art to Remember
When: February 28, 2019 5-7.30pm
ESE PARENTS NIGHT OUT!
Upcoming PTO events
April 12, 2019 7am-8am - $10 per Dad (Cash/Check memo: Donuts with Dad - TME) For more information contact Shaune Shelby firstname.lastname@example.org
KICKIN IT WITH DADS (Father & Sons), April 26, 2019 - $10 per Dad (Cash/Check memo: Kickin It- TME) For more information contact Shaune Shelby email@example.com
Winter Weather Information
Winter weather is quickly approaching and we wanted to take a moment to share information with you about our process for school delays and cancellations. The decision to delay or cancel school is never taken lightly and the safety of our students and staff is always our top concern during the decision making process.
Please click here to watch a short and informative video on the process the district uses to determine a delay or cancellation.
If the decision is made to delay or cancel school, we always communicate that decision to parents, students and staff. It is our goal to communicate that decision no later than 5:30 a.m.
• Phone and Email: CCS Families and staff will receive a phone call and email informing them of the delay or cancellation. Now is a good time to log in to your Parent Powerschool Portal to make sure all of your contact information is up to date. https://powerschool.ccs.k12.in.us/public/
Text Message: CCS Families and staff may elect to receive a text message, but they must opt in by texting YES to 68453.
• Social Media: Information will be posted on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.
• Local Media: Local TV stations will be provided with information about the cancellation or delay.
There always seems to be strong opinions about weather-related decisions. Parents are the ultimate decision-makers and can choose to keep their student(s) home if they believe weather conditions are unsafe.
While we hope we have a mild winter, free of delays or cancellations, we want you to know that our team is prepared and will do our best to keep our students and staff safe when faced with inclement weather. Sincerely, Carmel Clay Schools
Dine to Donate Benefiting Towne Meadow Elementary
- Who: All TME families
- What: Eat lunch or dinner out at Greek's Pizzeria in the Village of West Clay
- When: First Tuesday of Every Month…January 8th 2019 (2nd Tuesday this month) ! Lunch or dinner
- Where: Greek's Pizzeria in the Village of West Clay
- How: Go eat at Greeks, mention you’re with Towne Meadow and our school will receive 10% of sales for the day
Community Rewards – Easy Ways to Help Our School
- Box Tops for Education – Our Box Top grade level competition has begun! Collect Box Tops from hundreds of items. Each non-expired Box Top earns 10 cents, and this amount is given to Towne Meadow in the form of a check twice a year. We will be starting a Grade Level competition to see which grade can send in the most Box Tops. The winning grade level will receive an EXTRA recess! You can send in your Box Tops separately or on a Collection Sheet, a link is provided below. Be sure to write your child’s grade before you turn them in. You can give the completed sheets and/or Box Tops to your child’s teacher, or turn them into the Box Top container in the mailroom. Our FIRST collection due date will be February 15, 2019, and our SECOND due date will be May 17, 2019. Collection Sheet Link - http://www.boxtops4education.com/about/collection-sheets Learn more about Box tops at www.BTFE.com If you have any questions, please contact Mary Stogsdill at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amazon Smile – Use AmazonSmile When You Shop to Earn Money for TME. AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know and already use. Same products, same prices, same service. However, when using the smile.amazon.com link, Amazon will donate .5% of the price of your eligible purchases to Towne Meadow. To set up your account, simply go to smile.amazon.com and select TOWNE MEADOW PTO in the "pick your charitable organization" box. Be sure to bookmark the smile.amazon.com site and use it in place of the regular Amazon website every time you make an Amazon purchase.
- Kroger - Shop at Kroger and earn money for TME. Enroll your Kroger plus card online at www.krogercommunityrewards.com and the store gives a percent of the total spent to Towne Meadow. You can get a Kroger plus card at the store, or register for a digital card online at the above email address. Once you create an online account, follow the instructions to register your card. You will be able to select “enroll” under the community rewards section in your account information. You can type in Towne Meadow or use the TME code: 39220
- Shop at Shutterfly or Tiny Prints and 8% of your purchase will be donated to TME! This is an extremely easy way to raise additional funds for our school on products that many people are ordering anyway, especially this time of year. TME will earn a commission when customers click thru the TME website and purchase products. Our webpage is http://tme.shutterflystorefront.com
- Coca-Cola Gives - Collect Coke codes (printed inside the caps or inside the cases). Each code earns money that is directly donated to TME. Click here to get started with Coca-Cola Give. You’ll donate by creating an account or signing in and choosing your local school. Follow the instructions to enter the code and it will be automatically donated. Any Coca-Cola beverage that has a product code under its cap or printed on its paper packaging is eligible to be used for donation. If you would rather, bring in your caps and/or packaging with the codes and place it in the boxtop box in the teacher’s mailroom. We will enter the codes for you. Thank you for your participation.
Book Rental Fees Now Due – Pay Online!
Textbook rental fees for the 2018-19 school year are now posted in your myCCS account. Please log in to your myCCS account to view and pay this year’s fees.
Credit Cards are accepted online or you may pay by check, cash or money order. Please make checks payable to Carmel Clay Schools. Payments other than a credit card can be dropped off at the front office of Towne Meadow. Answers to textbook rental fees FAQs can be found here.
- Competitive Pay - $105 a day of half that for just AM or PM
- Flexibility - AM or PM shifts
- We pay you to get your CDL
- For more information please contact Shelly Coover, Director of Human Resources email@example.com or 317-846-9961
- Would you be interested in becoming a Substitute Teacher for us? We need more people to join our school community and help cover to just one school? Talk to us about the possibility!
- If you are Non-CCS Retired Teacher.... Starting Nov 1st we are happy to announce we will be paying ANY retired teacher at the same rate we pay Carmell retired teachers!
- Please call Kelli Hackett with questions! 317-844-9961 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the PTO Dads Club – Friends of Coyote
Friends of Coyote - TME Dads are looking for more Dads to join us. We have some fun upcoming events, including Lunch with Dad, Kick-in it with Dad, For Fathers & Sons (and more) and would love your participation. Contact Shaune Shelby, email@example.com
Connect with TME PTO
Connect with the TME PTO on Facebook. See all of the wonderful events that have happened around TME and learn about what is coming up. For questions about anything PTO related, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit information to be published in the Friday Flyer, please email the copy (subject to editing), with pictures attached, to email@example.com with “Friday Flyer” in the subject line by 10am Thursday. Thank you!