Come join North America’s premier timber engineering and construction company!
StructureCraft specializes in the structural engineering, design, fabrication, and erection of timber structures incorporating steel, glass, concrete, and other materials. We work with clients and architects to create carefully detailed buildings and bridge structures that break new ground in sophistication, craftsmanship, and quality. We thrive on new and challenging design concepts, materials, and construction methods. StructureCraft enjoys pushing the boundaries in complex geometry, digital fabrication, and material testing and research, and our work in this regard has been recognized internationally, including numerous awards for innovation in timber engineering and construction.
Reporting to the 3D Design Team Lead, the 3D Designer forms a part of our 3D design teams on some of North America's largest mass timber projects. Typically assisting with 1-5 projects depending on complexity you will be working with our in-house engineers, project managers, and construction teams to provide detailed, accurate 3D design and detailing.
- Represent the best of interests of StructureCraft Builders (SCB) at all times
- Grow relationships that are Open, Collaborative, Mutually Dependent, Professional, Sustainable and Innovative
- Take the time to do it right the first time
- Lead by example in all you do without exception and especially with regards to technical and managerial items
- Maintain a coherent flow of directives and information among project team
- Ensure coordination and control of appropriate information between project team
- Review, sign and stamp project documents for file
- Maintain traceability between finished product and the personnel and organizations that created them
- Establish levels of authority and lines of communication
- Communicate openly, regularly, timely and professionally (verbal, written and email), save hardcopy, electronic copy and outlook copy to standard project files
- Respond to emails and voicemails promptly.
- Responsibility for the satisfactory execution of all duties in a thorough, accurate and prompt manner
- Commitment to integrity, honesty and forthrightness in all dealings, both externally and internally
- Commitment to seeking out cost-efficient methods to maximize profits for the company
- Commitment to cooperate and collaborate with our engineering staff
- Responsibility for the continual improvement of systems and standard procedures
- Commitment to become knowledgeable in all aspects of structure including wood, concrete and steel buildings and can offer input to the engineering staff
- Commitment to work as a team member within the firm, and to offer our clients the best service possible, as indicated in our company policy manual
- Increasingly accept more responsibility within the firm, where opportunities present themselves
- Commitment to a long-term
General Drawing Office
- Manage coordination of each project’s design with both external design team (Architect, Engineer) and internal PM / engineering team. Attend and minute weekly design meetings
- Responsible for checking drawings prior to issue outside the Drawing Office (DO)
- Develop drafting and document control standards for the department. Be aware of drafting / modeling software options and manage choice of software on each project
- Perform 2D drafting and 3D modeling of project work as required
- Develop 3D CAD skills using Rhino, Autodesk Inventor, hsbCAD and other 3D software
- Manage the production and quality of these drawing sets throughout each project
- Responsible to the project team for accurate and timely execution of drawings
- Work closely with the production manager to achieve high quality useable shop drawings
- Plan and ‘storyboard’ at the start of each project to determine structural, layout, shop, and erection drawings
- Work with business development personnel to create models, renders, and other graphics used in proposals and presentations
- Develop familiarity with past StructureCraft projects and contribute to catalogue of good details / drawings for reference
- Commitment to continual training and development of your own skills in the areas of technical and code issues, project management, and time management. Especially as new to parametric design, we would expect you to spend some of your own time in reading and learning new software and concepts
- Work with Engineers in developing concept designs for promotion and estimation
- Carry out project estimation (quantity take-offs, cost estimation) where required in support of project bids
- Supports Business Development in engineering for proposals, including creating analysis images, and scheduling and oversight of techs time for renderings.
Position terms and conditions
This is a permanent full-time position. We are headquartered in Abbotsford, BC and this role would be located at our headquarters. We offer a benefits package that includes 3 weeks vacation, extended medical, life insurance, disability insurance, and a matching RRSP program after 2 years of employment.
Send your application including resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org