- AP Testing money was due November 2nd, however, there is a significant amount of students who have yet to submit the exam money! Please do so immediately! The deadline is March 13, 2019!! The exam cost is $94 per exam and $142 for AP Seminar and AP Research. Checks can be made payable to: Conrad School of Science
Click here for AP Testing Dates
- Students were given instructions on choosing their courses in HAC, the window for choosing courses is open until March 8th. Counselors will visit English classes to meet with students individually starting March 11th.
- High school students looking for meaningful service hours are encouraged to participate in a hands-on STEM Program! Wow! Science Camp® is an academic enrichment program dedicated to promoting children’s interest in science. We offer hands-on science experiments and projects, activity-based math, educational games and simulations, educational LEGO activities, STEM career review, and thrilling weekly field trips. the program. Duties include: Assist Camp Instructor in setting up projects, reviewing and following project instructions, assist in the supervision of students while performing projects and, assist in disassembling select projects.
● We are so excited that seniors are starting to receive their college acceptances. To celebrate, we are asking seniors to fill out a college pennant for every college they are accepted to. We will be displaying these outside of the guidance office. Students can get blank pennants from their English teacher or in the guidance office.
● The University of Delaware and TeenSharp are partnering to host Conquering College Admissions, a conference for first generation college students. Students must have a GPA of 3.0 or and/or in the top 20% of their class. Students will gain an understanding of the college admission process, awareness of various types of colleges, resume building techniques, and resource information. Breakfast and lunch will be provided as well as conference materials. This is held March 26, 2019 at the University of Delaware Perkins Student Center.
- There is a folder in the senior Schoology page with links to many opportunities. Please make sure you ask your child to check this on a regular basis. Feel free to email your child’s counselor with questions.
- The Dunkin Scholarship is awarding 25 $2,500 scholarships to qualified students. Applicants must be high school seniors who plan to attend a two or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school in Fall 2019, either part time or full time. Applicants will be selected based off of “well-rounded” character - positive academic record, leadership, commitment to school and community, and experience in work environment. Application deadline is April 15, 2019. For more information and the application visit: www.learnmore.scholarsapply.org/dunkinphilly
- Mountain Consulting is awarding a $1,000 scholarship to a female high school senior who have been accepting into a 4-year accredited university who plans to major in a STEM field. Candidates must have a GPA of 3.0 and must submit application, letter of recommendation, high school transcript, and college acceptance letter. Form is located on Schoology. Applications are due by May 6th, 2019.
- The Edward Malin Memorial Scholarship is offering a $2,500 scholarship and requires applicants to have a GPA of at least 3.0, demonstrate a strong involvement in the community, and a strong interest in science. A committee interview will also be held. A resume with service hours and extra-curricular activities should be submitted with application along with a 500-750 word essay answering the following question: “How would you impact the local or global community through a career choice in science?” Application will be available on Schoology and must be submitted with all supporting documents to Mrs. Nolan by March 15, 2019.
- SmartDrive Foundation is offering all enrolled High School Students with a driver license a change for a $1,000 scholarship by enrolling in and completing SmartDrive Classic FREE online Defensive Driving Course. Completing the first three lessons gains 10% discount on insurance for 3 years and a 3 point driver record credit. Continuing on and having a parent/guardian complete their portion along with submitting a 250-500 word essay gives student entry for the scholarship. Visit www.smartdriveusa.org for more info and to enroll.
- Red Clay Education Association is offering $1,000 scholarship to: 1.) to aid a future educator on their career path 2.) a senior of a current Red Clay Education Associate. Applicants must provide a high school transcript, a personal statement of 500 words reflecting career plans, a list of school/community involvement activities within the last four years and any awards, honors, and/or leadership roles, and two letters of reference from teachers. Application forms shall be sent to all Red Clay High School Counseling offices. Application and criteria information should be sent or delivered to: RCEA Scholarship Committee, 4135 Ogletown Stanton Road, Newark, DE 19713. Applications and all criteria submissions must be postmarked no later than April 1, 2019.
- The Delaware Association of School Administrators are offering an opportunity for a $1,000 scholarship. This scholarship is intended for students who are enrolling in college immediately after high school and majoring in Education. All entries are due by March 31, 2019. To apply, a 300-500 word essay is to be written on “Why I Chose Education as my Career Field” and complete the forms located on Schoology.
- Abbott & Fenner Business Consultants are offering up to $1,000 in scholarships. Those who are interested must submit an essay through their scholarship page. Applications must be submitted by June 14, 2019. For more information and/or to apply visit: http://www.abbottandfenner.com/scholarships.htm
- The Health and Biomedical Sciences Summer Camp, located at Lebanon Valley College, is being held from June 23-28th. This summer camp with provide students with a window of human health through lectures and hands on experiences. Students will be introduced to molecular biology, pharmacology, immunology, biochemistry and neuroscience through laboratory experience and investigative experience in a fun and challenging college environment. This is for sophomores, juniors, and seniors! Please don’t hesitate to contact Dr. Courtney Lappas, Camp Director, if you have any questions! Dr. Lappas can be reached at email@example.com or (717) 867-6179 or visit https://bit.ly/2Ukw3vz
- U of D is seeking motivated rising high school juniors and seniors (current 10th and 11th graders) who are interested in seeking a career in teaching (Early Childhood, Elementary, and/or Secondary Education). This unique program is FREE and will provide a $200 stipend, specialized insights in teaching, and an on-campus summer institute that runs from June 16-28, 2019! Please see the link below for more information! There are a limited number of spaces available, so please apply soon- the application deadline is March 17th! For details, click this website link: https://www.cehd.udel.edu/pipeline/. If you are interested in receiving more information on this program, please contact: Mr. Imani Powell at (302) 831-2396, TeachersofTomorrow@udel.edu or visit www.cehd.udel.edu/pipeline.
- Edge, the Summer Program held by University of Delaware, is offering a five week, credit-bearing college experience from July 7-August 10, 2019 for juniors and seniors. Students will take college courses, participate in on and off campus activities, and live on campus. More information can be found at www.udel.edu/edge or contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Camp Cardiac and Camp Neuro are both one week summer camps available to all high school students ages 15-18. Both of these camps are a great opportunity for students who are interested in the field of medicine. For more information visit www.campcardiac.org and/or www.campneuro.org Scholarship and standard applications have opened up for the Philadelphia location.
- 2019 Health Sciences Summer Camp - The 2019 dates are Sunday, August 4th through Friday, August 9th.We are looking for students (rising 10th, 11th, and 12th graders) from underrepresented, low-income, first generation backgrounds, to apply. Students will live on campus, explore careers in our health science departments, work with our faculty and students, and identify goals of a potential career. The camp is free and completely covered by the University of Delaware Health Sciences! To apply, visit chs.udel.edu/camp. Application Deadline: April 12th. For questions, please email Alyssa Benjamin at email@example.com or call 302-831-8375
Don’t forget to fill out the FAFSA. It is a requirement for the SEED program as well as many scholarships. If you need assistance, please reach out to your child’s counselor.