Watch this video on the interactions of wolves in Yellowstone National Park.
Questions: How Wolves Change Rivers
- What is a trophic cascade?
- How long had wolves been absent from Yellowstone before being reintroduced?
- What happens when there are too many deer?
- How did wolves change the behavior of the deer?
- What effect did this have on vegetation (plants)? Give examples.
- How did this change in vegetation change the animal populations? Give examples.
- What happened to the rabbit and mice population when wolves started hunting coyote?
- How did this affect the hawk, weasel, fox, and badger population?
- How were bald eagles, ravens and bears helped by the wolves returning?
- How did the wolves change the rivers in Yellowstone? Give examples of why this happened.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
Ecology Challenge: What is wrong with Straws?
Research plastic straws and why they are an environmental problem. Come up with three reasons why they are a problem. Create a short Google slides presentation depicting the problem with straws. Develop possible solutions to this problem. Your solution must be something that you could actually change in your own day to day life. Include this at the end of your slide show. Make sure you use multiple sources to find your information and document what websites you used on your last slide.