ABOUT LA VIRGEN DE GUADALUPE
- The basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe is the most visited Catholic pilgrimage site in the world, and the world's third most-visited sacred site.
- In 2016, more than 5 million believers visited the basilica in celebration of the Virgin's birthday on December 12.
- Throughout the Mexican national history the Guadalupan name and image have been a unifying national symbol
- In 1999, the Church officially proclaimed her the Patroness of the Americas, the Empress of Latin America, and the Protectress of Unborn Children.
Low Cost, High Revenue
- Faith based films, when touching the right nerve, the revenue upside is tremendous
- "War Room" was produced for $3 million and it’s domestic total was $68 million
- “God’s Not Dead” for $2 million. It made $61 million
Historical Not necessarily a Driver
- Guadalupe (2006) Total B.O. under $2MM
- Televisa's series "La Rosa de Guadalupe" has been on the air for # years garnering ratings of # in Mexico and # in the U.S. on Univision and Galavision
- Las Mananitas de la Virgen is a Univison special that earns ## ratings every year on December