E komo mai… Welcome! Island plantations were the core of Hawaiian life in the 1800′s; the place where Polynesian, Asian and European influences blended to form the unique culture of contemporary Hawaii. Waimea Plantation Cottages, hidden away on the quiet, sunny western coast of the Garden Isle of Kauai. Our Resort in Waimea offers a nostalgic glimpse into the simple life found at a sugar plantation. Guests enjoy this relaxing and serene oceanfront experience, which is unlike any other in all of the Hawaiian Islands. Reminiscent of early 1900’s Hawaii, this classic resort boasts restored plantation cottages set in the midst of a coconut grove. Spend sunny days sunbathing on the black-sand beach fronting the resort, take a moonlight stroll and then unwind in charming cottages that provide a welcome retreat and unforgettable vacation experiences for every member of the family.
Waimea Plantation Cottages is located at the mouth of the 14-mile long Waimea Canyon, dubbed the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific”. Scenic lookouts offer stunning panoramas of the 2 mile wide, 3, 000 foot deep gorge, painted in rich ocher, russet, and amber shades. Kauai is rich in history; this mellow, local town exemplifies the peace and serenity many visitors to Hawaii seek. Quaint Shops, restaurants, galleries, groceries, library, schools, churches and a full service hospital make our town totally self-sufficient for Kama’aina (locals) and visitors alike.
This collection of authentic plantation homes, set in a peaceful, oceanfront coconut grove, has been carefully restored with period-inspired furniture and modern conveniences. Every Cottage has a full kitchen and a front porch overlooking the grassy lawn leading to the ocean; each one has a personality and decor all its own. Our resort’s close proximity to Waimea Canyon (the Grand Canyon of the Pacific) and the Na Pali Coast makes our location the perfect home base for sight-seeing, hiking, eco-tours, ocean adventure tours, charter fishing, sunset cruises and wellness vacations. Waimea has rodeos and western activities for our Paniolo (Hawaiian Cowboys) to enjoy. Christmas is celebrated each year with residents and businesses decorating the town and even features a light parade enjoyed by thousands. In February, Waimea hosts the annual Town Celebration. This family-oriented event includes; great local food, games, ocean activities, local crafters, and wonderful local entertainment. There is no place in Hawaii that creates a lifestyle that bridges old and new in such a warm and friendly fashion. Because of the unique treasures of Waimea in 2006 the National Trust for Historic Preservation® awarded our town the “Dozen Distinctive Destinations.”
Dining At Our Kauai Cottages
Each of our Waimea Plantation Cottages have a full kitchen giving you the ability to prepare what you like when you like and allows you to save money as well. Your family can prepare breakfast, snacks, home-cooked dinner or enjoy a relaxing BBQ on the lawn fronting your cottage. In addition to local grocery stores and restaurants in Waimea, there are farmers markets that offer fresh local produce. Our Front Desk team can provide you with a schedule.
Daily resort fee includes the following amenities
* Daily self-parking, right up to your cottage * Wi-Fi in cottages and lobby area
* Coffee, chilled water and juice in lobby area * Business station with computer and printer
* Guest laundry facility (no coins required) * Daily newspapers at front desk
* DVD and game rentals * Three gas double-barbeque stations
* BBQ charcoal grills upon request * Ocean-side swimming pool
* In-room coffee and tea * In-room safe* Local and long distance calls
* Kitchens with full refrigerators, ovens, stove-tops, blender, toaster,
* rice cooker, pots, pans, cooking utensils, cutlery, plates, bowls, glasses
* In-room ironing board, iron, hair dryer * Free crib on request
* Hammocks throughout the resort * Shuffle board court * Boce Ball * Sand volleyball
* Board games and beach toys and chairs for the family
* Shell leis, 2 bottles water, 2 packages of Kauai cookies upon arrival
* Security and maintenance available 24/7 * Reception desk 7am – 9pm daily