FOR IN-HOUSE LEGAL DEPARTMENTS:
- Dealmaking: We structure, negotiate and draft deals.
- In-coming Enterprise Delivery: We review legal documents from your licensors to protect you from legal liability and ensure you have the rights you contracted for. We do so at a reasonable price without you having to hire an expensive attorney or a full-time employee when you might not have the workload or budget to sustain one. TIME SAVINGS: Most importantly, we spend the time working with producers/licensors who don't know how, or don't have the time, to generate delivery documents that you and your licensees demand in order to avoid lawsuits. AND, we spend the time working with the demanding parties that you deliver to. We've done it before. We'll do it for you.
- Legal Analysis: We review contracts and work with an IT development team to keep your tech development accurate and on schedule.
- WHAT IF WE HAVE AN INCREDIBLY HIGH VOLUME OF WORK? Showbiz Consultants reviews in-coming legal delivery for hundreds of titles at a time for multiple streaming channels. This is right in our wheelhouse.
FOR CONTENT PRODUCERS: We collect all of your documents and prepare them for delivery to sales agents, distributors and vendors who will go over your documents with a fine-tooth comb. We educate you on the process. If they reject them YOU WILL NOT GET PAID or only get paid after a LONG, PAINFUL, AND EXPENSIVE PROCESS. Be prepared early. We are not a law firm but can supplement your attorney's services and/or provide delivery document services that fit your limited budget. Save time. Learn. Get paid.
- Everyone's got a problem. Company employees are overworked but the company can't justify the overhead of another quality employee.
- New, less expensive hires aren't qualified.
- The smart ones get hired away too fast and you're back to square one.
- Law firms are too expensive for this level or work volume.
Creative business problems require creative business solutions.
Hence, Showbiz Consultants was born. We love show business almost as much as we love helping people solve their showbiz problems so they can realize their dreams. Showbiz Consultants is here to provide stability, trust and quality. Sometimes it's low-end high volume work. Sometimes it takes experience. Every time, we're dependable.
Showbiz Consultants' founder is Walter Boholst. Walter Boholst is an experienced writer/director/producer and president of production company Waltertainment. He is a licensed FL entertainment attorney who travels frequently between Los Angeles, Florida, Chicago and the Philippines. He has supervised legal delivery for THOUSANDS of films and TV series and worked on the business end of hundreds of recorded music projects released by major record labels. His business experience includes stints at The Walt Disney Company, Universal Music Group, Rhino Entertainment/Warner Music Group, and as VP and Head of Business Affairs for film distributor Arc Entertainment. He cut his teeth creatively providing notes on scripts for John Davis' company (Behind Enemy Lines, Predator), Graham Kings' former company, Initial Entertainment Group (Steven Soderbergh's Traffic, Michael Mann's Ali), as Assistant Story Editor at MGM (Brothers Grimm, James Bond) while writing/directing/producing two feature films and countless other short form projects playing in dozens of film festivals.
Mr. Boholst has experience shepherding projects in all facets from script development, legal, production & marketing/distribution. He provides business affairs strategy and services in addition to creative consulting on all levels. He has the rare combination of first-hand business and creative experience. His business affairs consulting specialty is acquisitions, distribution, licensing, chain of title and production agreements. Showbiz Consultants provides services, in-house or with select partners, as a one-stop shop for filmmakers, distributors and sales agents from start to finish.
His work experience runs the gamut from major studios, producers and record labels to independent distributors, filmmakers and community organizations. As experienced in-house counsel in CA-based entertainment companies, he's worked on deals with every major film studio, network and record label.
Mr. Boholst has lectured across the world including Manila, Los Angeles, Houston and Miami for a wide array of hosts such as the Film Development Council of the Philippines, The National Filipino American Youth Association, The University of Florida Asian Student Union and the University of Miami School of Film and TV.
SELECT FILMS WE'VE WORKED ON
SELECT CURRENT/PAST CLIENTS
SELECT COMPANIES WE'VE MADE LEGAL DELIVERY TO
SELECT PERFORMER DEALS
Showbiz Consultants has negotiated artist deals with the largest agencies and management companies (CAA, WME, UTA, ICM etc.) on behalf of clients including deals for these performers:
- Darius Rucker
- Joe Walsh
- Terry Crews
- Danny Trejo