We hope everyone had a safe, and relaxing break. We are looking forward to seeing our patriots and are ready to get right back into learning this week! Please remember to send your learner with at least 2 masks every day. If you need to quarantine your child due to Covid-19 protocols, please be sure to let the school know by emailing or calling the front office.
PRES Musical Theater Workshop
PRES is offering a new after-school opportunity for our learners. The classes will be each Thursday from 3:00- 4:00. If you are interested, be sure to email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This month in our Counselor's Corner, we'll learn about setting goals! Click below for more!
panda express spirit night
We are having a spirit night at Panda Express January 28th. This event will be a little different from previous spirit nights. You will need to show the fundraiser flyer (it can be digital or paper) below for us to receive the 20%. We hope to see you there (from a safe distance)!
Our local libraries are here for you!
The Alabama Library Association (ALLA) and the Alabama Parent Teacher Association (AL PTA) are partnering to remind families of the FREE (publicly funded) resource available to all: Local Libraries. Many families are unaware that library cards are free and of the variety of services that public libraries provide.
2021 hoops league for C1 & C2
If you have a learner in C1 or C2 interested in playing for The Hoops League, click below to register! Registration ends this Friday.
Please remember PRES policy does not allow "personal devices" (i.e. smart watches, fitness trackers, cell phones, etc.) at school. If learners arrive to their learning space with any sort of these devices, they will be securely stored in their backpack for the day. Devices can be used again upon dismissal from campus. For more information, see page 34 of the 2021 Student-Parent Handbook.
It has been a while since we were in school so here are a few reminders of some of our important policies and procedures. If you want more information about all things PRES click the link below.
- Please be sure to send an extra mask with your child each day
- Please keep transportation changes to a minimum as it disrupts learning
- We can not take ANY transportation changes over the phone
- All transportation changes need to be emailed to email@example.com before 1:00 pm if a (paper) note is not sent to the lead learner
- Learners are not permitted to ride home with friends on the school bus this year
- Learners may not be dropped off until after 7:25
- Students who arrive at or after 8:00 must be brought to the front office by their guardian/parent to be checked in to avoid the child being marked absent.
- Students who check in after 11:00 am will be marked absent for the day
- The only accepted excuse for a tardy is a note from a doctor or dentist office
- Students who check out before 11:00 am will be marked absent for the day
- Every parent/ guardian picking up a child MUST present an ID before the child will be called down
- Last checkout is 2:15
Write it down
- January 4: Professional Learning Day (No learners)
- January 15: End of 2nd Quarter
- January 18: Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday
- January 21: Report Cards go home C1-C3
- January 28: Panda Express Spirit Night
How to contact us
- Phone: 334.420.5310 *Dial 6 for the front office
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org