The element I chose is
The elements name is Nickel. The elements symbol is Ni
- The atomic number of this element is 28.
- Has 28 Protons, 31 Neutrons, and 28 Electrons
- The atomic mass of this element is 59
- It is a solid
- It is a metal
The person who found Nickel is?
The chemist found nickel in 1751
Nickel is used to plate other metals to protect them. It is mainly used in making alloys such as stainless steel.
stainless steel cabinet pulls
Nickel is hard, ductile and conducts electricity. It is powdered to maximize the reactive surface area and shows significant chemical activity, but larger pieces are slow to react with air.
- miners that found nickel in the mines called it "copper demon" because the rocks failed to produce copper.
- Nickel is the fifth most abundant element on earth.
- The five-cent nickel was introduced In 1866.
- Adding nickel to glass makes it a green color.