Ethical concerns when at Microsoft
- Some questioned Gates's as an ethical leader.
- Some concern over anti-trust issues.
- Was Ruthless when competing against other companies.
- Notwithstanding, much can be learned from positive views.
Moral Changes for Good
- His marriage to Melinda who was Roman Catholic deeply affected Bill.
- Great influences from his Parents.
- Started to become more altruistic and philanthropic.
- Donated $100 Million to the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation.
- The foundation works to bring attention to: Sex-Trafficking, Clean Water, and certain Diseases.
Learning from Bill Gates's Value-Based Model for Ethics
- Sets and amazing example of how to invest in worthy causes.
- Excellent stewardship of God-given talents.
- Altruistic example of walking away from success to work for the greater good.
Proverbs 13:2- "Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools suffers harm."
- What does the company you keep reflect about you and the direction you want to head in your life?
Philippians 1:27a "only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ..."
- For Believers, our ethical foundation should inform every area of our lives.