Education Director - Sharon Fricano
As we confront long days of being cooped up at home, let us take every opportunity to laugh and to love…
- I hope everyone is doing well and able to spend some quality family time together during these difficult times.
- I had looked forward to celebrating the last day of Religious School together in-person on May 17th, but as of this writing it looks like we will be gathering virtually instead.
- While certainly not ideal, we have continued to hold Classes and Tutoring Sessions via Zoom on Sundays and Facetime or by phone on Tuesdays. Our Zoom Model Seder was well attended, and the students were excited to see one another and to participate in reading the Haggadah and/or singing. A big thank you to our teachers, students, and our Rabbi and the Cantor for leading us in this virtual way!
- Thanks to Cheryl, many of our students are doing a mitzvah by participating in a Pen Pal Program to connect with some of our homebound senior members. What a great way to truly live G'milut Chasidim, acts of loving-kindness. Thank you again Cheryl for organizing this!
- I want to thank the teachers for stepping up during this time and learning and preparing lessons via Zoom! They have worked hard to make learning meaningful. We hope all our students have continued to learn during this time.
- We are planning a closing activity for families to gather virtually on May 17th. Look for emails for more information.
- We will also soon begin the planning process for the 2020 - 2021 School Year and we intend to continue the many meaningful activities and family programs we had scheduled for this year.
I look forward to when we can again meet in person and wish everyone good health.
CELEBRATING WITH KHLOE & SANÁA TAYLOR
Created with images by Happy Films - "untitled image" • Amy Shamblen - "Rainbow Flower Heart" • exoteric - "sundial clock old"