Brand | Recruit | Hire
COVID-19 Remote Internship Policy
Providing a healthy and safe workplace is a top priority for Howard University and the Center for Career and Professional Success particularly during the complex, COVID-19 outbreak. In line with the University’s remote work policy, all employers recruiting through Howard University for interns must provide a remote work option. This is an emergency policy that will take effect on Monday, March 23, 2020 and will be re-assessed on May 1, 2021. For more information about this policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to Howard University
Special Notice for Howard University Departments
Howard University considers Howard University departments interested in recruiting students for internships, federal work-study, or on-campus employment to be an "Employer." You are welcome to all services provided in this guide. Additionally, you are welcome to attend and recruit at all career fairs without charge. To sign up for a Faculty & Staff Recruiter account, click below. For more information, contact Melissa Knight, Associate Director of Experiential Learning Programs, at email@example.com. Click here for a step-by-step guide on setting up your account.
Build your brand and connect with us!
We have many great opportunities for you to meet with top talent for all your recruiting needs. Connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guide to Recruiting at HBCUs
Student Engagement Opportunities
Career Fairs, hosted each semester, offer an opportunity to meet a large population of applicants. In partnership with our peer career centers, career fairs are hosted to connect you with students from all disciplines.
When it is time to narrow down your pool of prospects, on-campus interviews allow you to screen and select candidates that best match the qualifications you are seeking. Through Handshake, you can post a career description, receive resume applications, and notify the career center of selected candidates.
Job, Internship, Graduate School Postings
The career services teams across Howard University work in tandem to provide you the opportunity to meet with students from all HU schools and colleges. With one central job posting system, you share your career options with more than 21,000 students.
Formal Information Sessions
Information sessions are formal corporate presentations to educate students about your corporation and the recruitment process.
Employer Office Hours
Office hours allow our students to meet one-on-one with corporate representatives to gain insights about career choices and personal career positioning. Our team promotes the opportunities to students, and monitors student registration through Handshake.
Howard University students have the opportunity to participate in over 100 different clubs and organizations. Students are eager to host speakers from corporations and you can work directly with club presidents to schedule a speaking engagement, panel discussion or other activities.
Speaking in Classrooms
A limited number of faculty is open to hosting industry experts to help add to the intellectual gain of our students through business case discussions of real issues. The CCPS team will work with you to identify faculty partnerships; you then work directly with the faculty on content for the class visit.
Customized Student Engagement Opportunities
We encourage interactions with students in a variety of creative formats. Our staff works with you to customize programs to highlight your company. Past events have included information tables, executive chats, leadership development workshops, and case competitions.
We utilize Handshake which is a free web-based system for campus recruiting at Howard University.
Create your user account
You will need a user account in order to log in and use Handshake. Create your account here.
After you create a user account, you can request to recruit at Howard University by clicking below. For more information about Handshake or Handshake Premium, visit joinhandshake.com/employers.
Engagement Quality Assurance
Companies that charge program/employment fees to students, or require upfront purchases of products or services or offering employment/entrepreneurial opportunities based on a "pyramid" or "multi-level" networking structure requiring or encouraging the recruitment of others who recruit others to sell products and services will not be permitted to engage at Howard University.
Campus Career Champions!
- College of Engineering & Architecture: Antoinette Griffin, Director of Student Services: email@example.com, 202 806 6572
- College of Arts and Sciences: Carol Y. Dudley, Manager, Employer Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Nursing and Allied Health Sciences: Suzy Guerrier-Adams, Director of Student Affairs: Sguerrieremail@example.com , 202 808 6509
- School of Business: Kim Wells, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org , 202 806 1610, Kaleab Debebe, Program Coordinator, email@example.com , 202.806-1716, Latoya Turner, Latoya.Turner@howard.edu, 202.806.1617
- School of Communications: Candy Lewis, Director of Programming and Planning: firstname.lastname@example.org, 202 865.0114
- School of Education: Stacy Simon, Executive Assistant: email@example.com , 202 250 5214, Mariam Barry, Administrative Assistant: Mariam.firstname.lastname@example.org , 202 806 7334
- School of Social Work: Dr. Cynthia Harris, Associate Professor - Instruction: email@example.com , 202 806 7318
- College of Medicine: Leiza O’Neil, Program Coordinator – Office of the Dean: Loneil@Howard.edu , 301 792 3092
- School of Divinity: Serena Parks, Admissions/Retention Coordinator – Office of the Dean: Skparks@Howard.edu , 202 806 8275
- School of Law: Shaani Budram, Legal Outreach Assistant. – School of Law: Shaani.Budram@law.howard.edu , 202 806 8135
- College of Dentistry: Deborah Nixon Willis, Enrollment and Admissions Manager: Dnixon@howard.edu , 202 806 0439
- College of Pharmacy: Dr. Oluwaranti Akiyode: firstname.lastname@example.org , 202 806 7960
- Graduate School of Arts & Sciences: Alveta Addison: email@example.com , 202 806 5814
“Excellence in Truth and Service”
firstname.lastname@example.org | howard.joinhandshake.com | careerservices.howard.edu