You'll need a portfolio of your work that you can take to course and job interviews. Your portfolio should include mood boards, designs and technical drawings.
The median annual wage for fashion designers was $63,670.
NEGATIVES OR DOWNSIDES TO THIS CAREER
- Long working hours in order to meet deadlines and order supplies.
- The job is very demanding and can lead to distress owing to harsh criticisms and deadlines from the clients.
- You always need to stay ahead of the ongoing fashion statements and fashion trends. You can never be complacent for your knowledge of the trends.
Sometimes it's hard to keep on track of what is trending in the world everyday.
WHY DO YOU CHOOSE THIS CARRER AREA?
Because it's a great feeling when you see other people wearing your art. And I can also travel to a lot a places to learn different fashion trends around the world.
WHY DO YOU THINK YOU WOULD BE A GOOD FIT IN THIS CAREER?
- Because I like sketching out my ideas about clothes, shoes, and accessories.
- In fashion, no matter if you're working in this industry for just 1 year or even 50 years, you're still going to learn about all of the different trends that trending around the world every single day. So being a part in this is really a great way to keeping up what is going on in this industry.
WHAT ATTRACTS YOU THE MOST TO THIS CAREER?
The thing that attracts me the most about this career is to see people wearing my art. Is isn't it a great feeling when you see people walk around wearing your own designs?
WHAT ARE YOUR CONCERNS ABOUT THIS CAREER?
My concern about this career is you don't have a lot of time for yourself, the only thing you do is spending time on projects and projects.
WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST STRATEGY FOR MAKING THIS CAREER HAPPEN?
My best strategy for making this career happen would be to study hard.