Laugh often, dream big, reach for the stars!
Check out our learning...
Tips for 2nd Grade Success:
- Read every night for at least 15 minutes.
- Discuss the books you read & what you learned at school with your family.
- Practice your spelling words to help you be successful on your weekly tests.
- Practice your addition & subtraction math facts until you know them quickly.
- Write notes, letters, and stories at home.
- Get a good nights sleep every night.
- Wash your hands before you eat.
- Eat a healthy breakfast.
- Come to school each day, on time, and ready to learn.
- March Book Orders Due: Monday, March 13th - Books will arrive before Spring Break (Online code: GY2D2)
- 2nd Grade Pizza Party: Wednesday, March 22nd - Students will not need a lunch
- Spring Break- Friday, March 24th - Monday, April 3rd - School resumes on Tuesday, April 4th
Click the link below for the BCES Calendar:
Please check your email on Mondays to find pretests and your child's Star Folder for a paper list. Please have your child practice their words each night until he or she can spell them all.
Rambler Red Homework
I will text a small homework assignment to you for the kids to complete sometime during the week and return to school when it's done. When they complete the assignment, they will receive a red bead for their Brag Tag necklaces. This is not required- it is a way for kids to share with you something we are working on in school and a way to earn another bead for their necklaces (which they get really excited about).
- Please remember to call the office if your child will be late for school or absent for the day. You can also message me and I can pass it along to Mrs. Ryder.
- Please be sure to ask your child how their headphones are working. There are several kids who may need a new pair.
- Don't forget to check your child's Star Folder each night. If your child is absent from school, there may be homework for them to complete and bring back the next day. Thank you for helping them with this! 😀
- Pizza Party- I'm looking for parents to donate juice boxes, carrots and ranch, and a dessert for our PTO Pizza Party lunch on Wednesday, March 22nd. Please contact me if you can help.
- If you haven't already, please take a few minutes to complete the short parent survey: