Carnival is in March, and we are looking for volunteers to help with planning. We need volunteers for carnival event planning, marketing/promotions and to help with baskets. Please email email@example.com if you would like to get involved.
You can still order Spirit Wear online at www.lmspiritgear.com. There are cozy sweatshirts, leggings, and t-shirts available.
SIGN UP DEADLINE - DECEMBER 18th
CARPOOL LANE REMINDERS
- PLEASE ENTER THE CARPOOL LINE FROM SHELBORNE ROAD, NOT 126th Street.
- Please have your child prepared to exit the vehicle quickly to help speed the unloading process. Please have your child exit the vehicle only on the sidewalk side of the car for safety.
- Students should begin to exit their cars at 8:00. Please DO NOT drop your children off earlier.
- The first car in line should pull up north of the main entrance by the orange cone. This will allow room for others behind you. Please drop off anywhere in the Drop Off Zone. You do not have to be directly in front of the doors.
- After unloading children, please follow the car in front of you and stay in line as you drive around the parking lot to exit. Pay attention to allow the right-of-way for incoming busses as you exit. Others in line should then pull up to allow for others just arriving.
- DO NOT PULL OUT OF LINE TO GO AROUND OTHER CARS. We want to make sure that all children are safe and there are no accidents in the parking lot. Only one line of traffic should be entering and leaving the parking lot, paying special attention to incoming busses. We may have some visitors walking in the parking lot and we care about their safety, too.
- Once out of the car, students will wait outside the doors, or in inclement weather, in the vestibule, until 8:05, when the bell sounds and students may walk to their rooms.
- Please make sure your child is here on time each day. If you arrive after 8:10 you will need to park in the parking lot, escort your child to the office, and sign your child in for the day. Please minimize late arrivals as every minute of classroom time is important.
- In the afternoon we will dismiss after the final bell at 2:35. Again, the first person to arrive should pull up to the sign and orange cones. Please pull forward and make one single row. This is a no idling zone. Please turn off your car and wait until you see your child. Once loaded, do not proceed forward until directed to do so by a staff member. Please remain in the line until you reach the exit. Only one line of moving traffic will keep our students and visitors safe. Please be patient as we continue this process for the safety of our students.
THANK YOU PTO!
The staff at West Clay would like to thank the PTO for their generous support throughout the year. Because of your awesome support, we were able to recently purchase additional safety radios for our school. This purchase allowed us to give each teacher their own safety radio.
PICS from the Week
Created with images by Daria-Yakovleva - "christmas new year's eve postcard"