Tuesday, July 14, 2020
Transportation, 9:30 a.m., G-50 Irvis
· Informational meeting on PA Turnpike toll collectors.
On Tuesday, session will begin at 11 a.m.
Votes on Second Consideration:
· HB 1559 (Rep. Doyle Heffley, R-Carbon): Would require pre-registration by potential bidders at a tax sale.
· HB 1779 (Rep. Parke Wentling, R-Mercer/Crawford/Erie/Lawrence): Would amend the Dam Safety and Encroachments Act by adding a definition for “Groin Structures” and exempts such structures from Submerged Lands License Agreement fees.
· HB 1954 (Rep. Matt Gabler, R-Clearfield/Elk): Would designate a bridge on U.S. Route 219 over Elk Creek, Ridgway Borough, Elk County, as the Elk County Vietnam Veterans Memorial Bridge.
· HB 2245 (Rep. Jesse Topper, R-Bedford/Franklin/Fulton): Would designate a bridge on Pennsylvania Route 26 over Yellow Creek in Hopewell Township, Bedford County, as the Col. Joseph M. Stine Memorial Bridge.
· HB 2247 (Rep. Martin Causer, R-Mckean/Cameron/Potter): Would designate a bridge on State Route 1011 over the Mix Creek, Eldred Township, McKean County, as the Sgt. Neil K. Dorrion Memorial Bridge.
· HB 2250 (Rep. Jesse Topper, R-Bedford/Franklin/Fulton): Would designate a bridge on Route 26 over Bloody Run in Everett Borough, Bedford County, as the PFC James E. Williams Memorial Bridge.
Votes on Third Consideration:
· HB 2195 (Rep. Cris Dush, R-Jefferson/Indiana): Would designate a bridge over Dixon Run in Indiana County as the PVT William L. Hadden Memorial Bridge.
· HB 2217 (Rep. Matt Dowling, R-Fayette/Somerset): ): Would designate a bridge on a portion of U.S. Route 219, over S.R. 2047, in Somerset County as the SP4 Michael William Twigg Memorial Bridge.
· HB 2256 (Rep. Jennifer O’Mara, D-Delaware): Would designate a bridge on a portion of S.R. 2025 in Delaware County as the Cpt. Michael Malinowski, Sr. Memorial Bridge.
· HB 2407 (Rep. Garth Everett, R-Lycoming/Union): Would amend the Election Code to simplify notices that are required to be printed on absentee ballots and mail-in ballots.
· HB 2549 (Rep. Garth Everett, R-Lycoming/Union): Would allow a county to pass a resolution to move to the “green” phase of reopening after being in the “yellow” phase of reopening for at least 21 days
· HB 2579 (Rep. Stephanie Borowicz, R-Clinton/Centre): Would designate a bridge carrying Pennsylvania Route 1010 in Clinton County as the Tech. Cpl. Lee R. Phillips Memorial Bridge.
· HB 2613 (Rep. Russ Diamond, R-Lebanon): Would require the Department of State (DOS) to develop a process in which deceased individuals are immediately removed from the SURE system.
· SB 1125 (Sen. Scott Martin, R-Lancaster): Would authorize school districts to extend the discount period and waive the addition of penalties for payment of school district real estate taxes due for the academic year beginning July 1, 2020.
· SB 1166 (Sen. Kim Ward, R-Westmoreland): Would amend the Pennsylvania Constitution to ensure rights of Pennsylvanians may not be denied during a disaster declaration due to a person’s race or ethnicity.
· SB 1188 (Sen. John Blake, D-Lackawanna/Luzerne/Monroe): Would prohibit the imposition of an admissions or amusement tax on railroads and exclude certain local tax revenues from the calculation of the aggregate amount of taxes imposed under the act.