Parent-Teacher Conference Sign- Up
The online scheduling system PTCFast is available for parents to secure times(s) for fall conferences. Conferences are being held Wednesday, October 24 and Thursday, October 25th from 1:00-4:00p and 5:00-8:00p. Conferences are 15 minutes in length with 5 minutes travel time between conferences for those who have more than one child at Hill. Please click this link below to sign up with your child's teacher.
Veterans' Day Program
Calling all Veterans! If you are a Veteran or have a loved one that has served in the armed forces the Hill Huskies would like to honor you! We are having a Veterans’ Day celebration November 9th and would like to reach out to Veterans in our community or families of Veterans interested in participating. If you would like more information about the program or would like to get involved, please email Mrs. Muzljakovish at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register your KROGER REWARDS card to support Hill Elementary PTO. Shop at Kroger between now and 10/12. Write your family's name and your child's teacher on the receipt. Turn it in to the teacher or the Hill office by the end of the school day on 10/12. There is a big collection envelope in the office. We'll draw for four families to win one of four $25 KROGER GIFTCARDS at our October PTO meeting. Need not be present to win. Hill staff is eligible to win, as well!
Halloween Costume Reminders
Halloween Costumes have been on sale at Costco since August, and if you're kids are anything like mine they have been begging you to buy them one since they arrived in stores. As you purchase costumes please keep the following in mind....
- Please do not plan a costume that is ghoulish, morbid or in any way offensive. No masks are to be worn.
- Please do not plan a costume that is excessively frightening to younger children.
- Toy guns, knives or other weapons may not be worn, even if it is a part of your child’s costume. The crowded nature of the parades and parties makes such weapons a potential hazard.
- Students may not wear their costumes OR makeup, special hair sprays, etc. to school. All costumes are to be brought to school in a bag.
MLK: Fleece Donations Needed
The district will be collecting fleece ahead of time at parent/teacher conferences for the district MLK Day of Service. TSD students will be making blankets for children, veterans, and adults in need. Please consider donating Fleece and bringing it to parent/teacher conferences in October. We will have a box in our front lobby for fleece donations.
SPECIFICS FOR FLEECE DONATIONS:
- We need donations of 2.5 yards of fleece to make finished blankets of at least 4ft x 6ft.
- The width on fleece at fabric stores is just over 4 feet, so if donors buy 2.5 yards of fleece, that would be perfect.
- If you want to send in 5 yards or 10 yards or 20 yards, that is wonderful as well—the goal is to be able to cut into 2.5 yard increments.
- Each blanket consists of two pieces of fleece—usually one solid and one printed, but you are free to donate whatever you would like.
- Fleece is on sale right now at many areas stores.
- Remember, these blankets will be used by children, veterans and adult patients, so think about patterns that would appeal to any of those groups.
Thank you so much for your support!
- TUESDAY 10/2/18 2:30 - JAT kick-off assembly
- WEDNESDAY 10/3/18 - Count Day
- THURSDAY 10/4/18 7:00pm - A.L.I.C.E. Parent Information Meeting (Smith Middle School)
- FRIDAY 10/5/18 - Hill Jog-a-Thon
- TUESDAY 10/9/18 7:00pm – A.L.I.C.E. Parent Information Meeting (Boulan Park Middle School)
- WEDNESDAY 10/10/18 7:00pm – A.L.I.C.E. Parent Information Meeting (Baker Middle School)
- THURSDAY, 10/11/18 7:00pm – A.L.I.C.E. Parent Information Meeting (Larson Middle School)
- THURSDAY, 10/18/18 7:00pm - PTO Meeting
- MONDAY, 10/22/18 - 1st, 3rd, 5th grade Troy Fire Department Fire Safety
- WEDNESDAY, 10/24/18 - 1/2 Day; Parent Teacher Conferences
- THURSDAY, 10/25/18 -1/2 Day; Parent Teacher Conferences
- WEDNESDAY, 10/31/18 - Halloween Parade & Parties
Shari Pawlus - Principal - Hill Elementary