I am so excited to share the exciting news! BMES has received the distinction of being named an A+ School of Excellence by the Arizona Education Foundation. This prestigious award recognizes the exceptional work by BMES teachers, staff, students, family and community. According to the Arizona Education Foundation, schools that ultimately earn the A+ School of Excellence™ designation consistently share the following traits:
- Model quality and equity
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to academic excellence
- Respond successfully to the changing environment of education
- Cultivate learning-centered, safe school environments
- Encourage innovative instruction by supporting teachers
- Actively address students' social, emotional, physical, and intellectual needs
- Demonstrate superior ability to go above and beyond the norm in providing services to children, families, and the local community
I thought I would share some of the congratulatory letter from the Arizona Education Foundation. Read below:
On behalf of the Arizona Educational Foundation’s Board of Trustees and its donors, congratulations to the entire community at your school on earning the 2020 A+ School of ExcellenceTM award. In the coming days, your school will receive a letter with a check for $500 which may be used in any way your school deems appropriate.
The A+ School of ExcellenceTM award has been in existence since 1983 and is the only statewide school award program that identifies and recognizes schools for achieving overall excellence. Your community can be proud of its exceptional students, staff, parents, partners, programs and practices. Your school serves as a model and a beacon of success to schools throughout Arizona and the nation.
Way to go BMES! This is definitely cause to celebrate!
- Kathryn Hill, President
- James Rich, Vice President
- Scott Brown, Member
- Janet Busbee, Member
- Beth Hatcher, Member
Created with images by PDPics - "award cup lights"