The MLS Organization
- Major League Soccer (MLS) is a non-profit, private organization that was founded in 1995
- The MLS is the central identity that controls all 20 teams in the league (soon to be 22)
The MLS Mission
- "To make soccer, in all its forms, a preeminent sport in the United States and to continue the development of soccer at all recreational and competitive levels."
- The MLS hopes to become a "top-flight league" by 2022.
The Portland Timbers
- Portland Timbers have approximately 150 full time employees.
- They are the 2015 defending MLS champions.
- "Relatively young company, with a good work environment, and an opportunity for wide range of work experiences"
- "The working environment provides a lot of growth and responsibility to anyone looking to segway into the entertainment/sports industry."
The Internship (Team Operations Internship)
- Work with Team Administrators to accomplish various tasks for the Portland Timbers and any visiting team.