INTRODUCING THE TOPIC
Name the different houses you can see in the picture below and think about the way they might be decorated, the kind of people that might live there and the good and bad aspect of each of them.
You are going to watch a video about sustainability. After watching it you will have to answer these questions:
1. What three things does Peter do that make him think he leads a sustainable life?
2. According to what Carl von Carlowitz realised about tree logging, what do you think the basic principle of sustainability is?
3. What are the three pillars of sustainability?
4. What two things do we have to stop using if we want to be sustainable?
5. Why should we buy locally-grown products?
6. What example of unsustainability is shown in the video?
Created with images by Andres Iga - "untitled image" • Greta Schölderle Møller - "Packing on the bunk bed" • Clem Onojeghuo - "holding all" • Ali Morshedlou - "Good Karma" • billycm - "people child girl" • ReadyElements - "access achievement advertising" • Evan Leith - "Cozy Cabin"