From Las Posadas (pictured above) to playing the Dreidel game, KG friends were immersed in the transitions and costumes of each other's families. KG friends:
- Learned about the nativity story
- Crafted piñata and broke an authentic piñata used for Las Posadas celebration.
- Made paper gingerbread houses.
- Watched parts of the Nutcracker presented by the Pennsylvania Ballet
- Talked about the significance of the menorah in the Jewish faith and played Dreidel
- Crafted ornaments and enjoyed "dry" hot chocolate (by far the yummiest and most cleaver cocoa recipe EVER)
- Learned about the German roots of the Philadelphia Christmas Village at City Hall and the many festive offerings our great city offers at holiday time.
This month we will begin our study of "Me on the Map". We love to have students share with the class their own experiences of travel outside of Pennsylvania. We invite KG families, their friends and extended family, who live elsewhere in the United States or abroad, to send pictures or postcards to the class. We will learn about where the points of interest are located in relation to Shipley and also learn some interesting fun facts. Our mailing address is Shipley School, Ms. Grillo's Class, 814 Yarrow Street, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.