- To create Eco-Action (EA) Team.
- To investigate environmental focus areas commonly found in surrounding school(s).
- To allow EA Team members to prioritize environmental needs of the school(s).
- To take lead in determining how best to carry out environmental conservation.
- To take lead in creating the action plan.
Following projects were undertaken by EA Team to fulfill the objectives:
- SUSTAINABLE METHODS FOR ENERGY CONSERVATION-BIODIESEL & FUEL CELL
- IMPACT OF FESTIVALS ON WEATHER AND CLIMATE
- IMPACT OF WATER POLLUTION ON WEATHER AND CLIMATE
- CHEAP COMPRESSION COOLER
- ECO- BRICKS FOR BETTER FUTURE
- FRUIT LEATHER A SUBSTITUTE FOR ANIMAL LEATHER
- GREEN SCHOOL PROGRAMME
- IGBC (Indian Green building Council)
The EA team attained first success in 2012-13,by making biodiesel and Fuel Cell in the School Lab. The project was presented at the National Level of National Children’s Science congress (NCSC) in Bhopal.The Project Fulfills SDG-7: Affordable and Clean Energy.
In the year 2013-14, the EA Team once again brought laurels to school, by presenting their project: Impact of Festivals on Weather and Climate at the National Level of NCSC in Bombay. The team prepared Eco-Friendly Ganesh Idols and conducted Workshops in various villages of Ludhiana district to train the masses for preparing the same.
Apart from this, the team in the same event, gave a model on Silicon Concrete, that absorbs CO2 emitted by the vehicles. Both the projects fulfilled SDG 3-Good Health and Well Being.
Pollutants Absorbing Brick
Continuing with the motto to save environment the EA Team Designed an AC cum Water Purifier in the year 2014-15. The team presented the Project at state level of NCSC, held at Chandigarh.
This project fulfilled SDG 7: Affordable and Clean Energy and SDG 6: Clean Water and Sanitation.
In the year 2017-18, EA team once again proved its mettle, by designing two products- Cheap Compression Cooler: A substitute to conventional AC and Phytoremediation: an Eco Friendly Water Treatment System. Both the Projects were presented at National and International Levels of NCSC. The projects even won a Gold Medal at the International Level held at Vishakhapatnam and were well appreciated by Indian Scientists’ Association.
They Fulfilled SDG 7 and SDG 6 respectively.
Process of Phytoremediation
The projects Cheap Compression Cooler and Phytoremediation received Gold medals at International Science Fair
The EA Team continued as Green Warriors and in the year 2018-19 made Eco-Bricks from Paper, which are both fire and water resistant. In the same year they prepared Vegan Leather from A fungi culture and fruit waste. Both these projects won accolades at State Level of NCSC.
The projects fulfilled SDG 9:Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure.
Various Stages of Vegan Leather
EA Team has worked hard towards following tasks and hence our school has won the title of Green School (2018-19) and Gold Certification in IGBC (2017-18)
- Reduction in the consumption of electricity by turning off fans and lights when not in use.
- Placing two dustbins in each class to monitor the biodegradable and non-biodegradable waste and thereby reducing the usage of substances leading to the production of non-biodegradable waste.
- Adapting efficient methods for rainwater harvesting.
- Maintenance of cleanliness in the washrooms through regular checks.
- Preparation of vermi-compost in the school compound.
- Planting more trees in the vicinity of the school.
- Encouraging use of school transport.
- Regular pollution checks of school buses, gensets and vehicles used by the school staff.
- Creating awareness about car-pooling and walking wherever possible.
- No paper wastage by adapting the means of e-communication (ERP for student/parents and teachers for dissemination of information).
Under IGBC project School received Gold Certification