The Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment’s full Budget 2022 allocation is €898m, which is broken down between €358m in current funding, €523m in core capital and €17m in COVID capital funding. This represents an increase of over 13.2% or €103m on the Department’s 2021 core allocation.
Budget 2022 aims to prepare businesses for the challenges and opportunities of the future economy, including increased digitalisation and climate change, as well as adjusting to remote working.
Below are some of the business focused measures contained in Budget 2022:
- Enhanced tax arrangements for remote working;
- €20m Digital and Green Funds;
- €17m one-off COVID-19 Funding;
- €90m Innovation Equity Fund;
- €35m Disruptive Technologies Innovation Fund (DTIF).
For more information on the Department’s Budget 2022 allocation, please click the link below.