Argentina Ambria, autumn, jordan, tj

A popular Argentinian dessert is alfajores. Alfajores are two corn starched based short bread cookies with a caramel like filling. They go best with tea or coffee. (#9)
Argentina is also known as the Argentine Republic. About 41 million people inhabit Argentina. (#1,#10)
The top five products exported by Argentina are soybean meal, corn, soybean oil, cars and delivery trucks. Other major exports include whole soybeans, wheat, crude petroleum, gold, copper ore and vehicle parts. (#6)
Spanish is Argentina's main language however, there are also many other languages spoken in Argentina, including Italian, German, English and French. (#7)
Carlos Alonso, is a contemporary Argentine painter, draftsman and print maker. Though he was a Social realist in his early career, he is best known as a New realist. (#8)
The ethnicity in Argentina is roughly 97% European/Italian. The remaining 3% are a mix of mestizo, Amerindian or of any other non-white ethnicities.
This is an Argentine Peso. The symbol is the same as a $ sign. One Argentine peso equals .063 of a US dollar.
Benito Quinquela Martín was an Argentine painter born in La Boca, Buenos Aires. Quinquela Martín is considered the port painter-par-excellence and one of the most popular Argentine painters. (#8)
Locro is a hearty soup made from beef, pork, white corn, tripe and red chorizo. (#9)
Empanadas are baked or fried dough pockets stuffed with meat, veggies or cheese. (#9)
About 92% of Argentines are Roman Catholic, 5% are religiously indifferent, 2% are Protestant and 1% are Jewish. (#2)
Their flag has three horizontal stripes, the top and bottom stripe is a light blue and middle is white. The meaning of the colors has not been indefinitely decided. Some say the white stripe represents silver. The blue stripes can represent the sky, the waters of the Rio de la Plata, or the blue used by the Spanish Bourbon House in its coat of arms. The sun (Sun of May) represents the Revolution of May Argentina which later led to the revolution that concluded in Argentina's independence. (#4)
Brazil, France and Britain attempted to seize control over the territory due to the increase in the ranching industry. This was a complete failure. Therefore, independence was put into effect in 1817, when General San Martín's troops won definitive victory over the Spanish army. The Argentine War of Independence, was a grueling 8 years long and ended in 1818. In return, making July 9th an important holiday because they celebrate their country's independence. (#3)
Mauricio Macri is the president of Argentina. He was born February 8, 1959 in Tandil, Buenos Aires province of Argentina. He is 58 years old and has been in office since December 10th, 2015. (#5)
Salta is the most visited/tourist spot in northwest Argentina. It offers many museums and activities for tourists. Corrientes is the capital city of Homonimous Province. Rosário is a major port city in Argentina, 300 km up the Paraná River from Buenos Aires. Mendoza is a city in Argentina Cuyo region and the heart of Argentina's wine country, famed for Malbecs and other red wines. Buenos Aires is Argentina’s big, cosmopolitan capital city. Its center is the Plaza de Mayo, lined with stately 19th-century buildings including Casa Rosada, the iconic, balconied presidential palace.
Roberto Aizenberg, nicknamed "Bobby", was an Argentine painter and sculptor. He was considered the best-known orthodox surrealist painter in Argentina. (#8)

Credits:

Created with images by WikiImages - "south america continent land"

Made with Adobe Slate

Make your words and images move.

Get Slate

Report Abuse

If you feel that this video content violates the Adobe Terms of Use, you may report this content by filling out this quick form.

To report a Copyright Violation, please follow Section 17 in the Terms of Use.